Singapore Expats

Where Can I Purchase...

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
drf1114

Where Can I Purchase...

Post by drf1114 » Sun, 02 Jul 2017 12:59 am

Hello All...I am looking to purchase a framed world map with push pins for all of the travel locations. I live out of the country but was hoping to purchase this as a gift for my son who lives in Singapore. Shipping to Singapore is so expensive. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Re: Where Can I Purchase...

Post by Strong Eagle » Sun, 02 Jul 2017 4:08 am

Kinokuniya book store at Ngee Ann City may well be your best bet. They had quite a few maps when I lived there. You would then need to go to an art store to get it framed... also in Ngee Ann City as I recall. Popular bookstore may have maps although I have never been there.

The reason shipping becomes hellishly expensive is that charges are based upon dimensional weight. The map itself ships cheap in a tube. As the volume increases, shipping charges rise dramatically. Therefore you should consider selecting and sending the world map in a tube... from here, for example (http://www.mapsales.com/world-wall-maps ... ag=leftnav), then find a frame store in Singapore to do the actual mounting.