Singapore Expats

Warning: Behave

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
jpatokal

Warning: Behave

Post by jpatokal » Sat, 12 Feb 2005 12:04 am

There's been too much insulting, flaming and general childish behavior lately on this forum. So here's the new policy:

Insulting other users in any way, shape or form will get your message moved to Rubbish. Repeat offenders or blatantly offensive remarks will be deleted.

You are still welcome to disagree with other users, we're just expecting you to do it without resorting to comments about their parentage or body odor. Practice time:

Right: You, sir, are wrong.
Wrong: You, sir, are wrong and a grotesquely ugly freak, like all you other green-skinned people.

Right: No lah, the laksa in Bukit Gorblok Hawker Centre stall 69 sucks.
Wrong: No lah, the laksa in Bukit Gorblok Hawker Centre stall 69 sucks, and so does your mom.

Not so hard, izzit? Now run along and play before you kena rotan. :twisted:

bobdoom
Regular
Regular

Post by bobdoom » Sat, 12 Feb 2005 3:12 am

i believe silly remarks and vulgarities are alright...
but insulting parents is a definite NO NO.. racial remarks... no good too...

but i find body ordor... or fat or skinny ass.. being alright though...
thats my pov...

jpatokal.. maybe you should set a certain insulting standard.. so pple might know.. how to react to situations...

Bafana

Post by Bafana » Sat, 12 Feb 2005 7:21 pm

Please bear with us whilst we get used of this sort of Moderating - It is sad that it has had to come to this BTW.

If anyone feels that the moderating for this issue gtes out of hand or gets it wrong please feel free to give feedback this thread.

Bubbs

Post by Bubbs » Sat, 12 Feb 2005 8:07 pm

Hi Baf

Yes, I agree with you that there is a need for this sort of thing. I find this forum refreshing as we can air our views about just most things.

It's sad that it all tumbles down to flaming in the end. Why do people feel the need to insult others for no good reason?

Let's be fair, I've had my share of posts from up here on my soapbox, but I've never written back and slagged off someone just for the fun of it. And I try to take constructive critisism when it's offered.

Not saying I always agree with what's said, but that is the point, isn't it?

A lively, living discussion needs people who can carry the subject forward, not add foul words or comments just because they cannot think of something intelligent to say.

Well, that's my take on it anyway.

Please don't let the moderating go too far cos then it'll turn into a bland and boring site.

Thanks Baf

Bubbs....Bubbles.

monstergal
Regular
Regular

Post by monstergal » Fri, 18 Feb 2005 3:58 pm

great work moderators in your quick action for the recent 'dreadful' thread.

Bubbs

Post by Bubbs » Sat, 19 Feb 2005 1:57 am

Yes thanks guys. I was dying of embarrassment at that little one, thinking everyone would think us Brits were like him. Thanks again. Bubbs.

Arabian_nights

Post by Arabian_nights » Thu, 24 Mar 2005 7:35 pm

Bubbs wrote:Yes thanks guys. I was dying of embarrassment at that little one, thinking everyone would think us Brits were like him. Thanks again. Bubbs.
Why, what happened :?: Nothing is so bad on this forum as to make one 'die of embarrassment'...Bubbs :lol: No offence though :!:

slag the hag

Post by slag the hag » Thu, 31 Mar 2005 11:53 pm

hey lets be honest. Slagging makes for a fun thread. Ever wonder how come threads that include flaming get a lot of eyeballs? Think WWF or Tyson versus whoever, Terminator, etc. you get my drift.
It's fun reading. However, yes, certain language should be off limits such as remarks that are racist, sexist, foul language etc.
But if you start acting like a local Singapore schoolmarm, then you're gonna end up like the other board which was once so lively and is now so drab.

ditto!

Post by ditto! » Fri, 01 Apr 2005 12:57 am

slag the hag wrote:hey lets be honest. Slagging makes for a fun thread. Ever wonder how come threads that include flaming get a lot of eyeballs? Think WWF or Tyson versus whoever, Terminator, etc. you get my drift.
It's fun reading. However, yes, certain language should be off limits such as remarks that are racist, sexist, foul language etc.
But if you start acting like a local Singapore schoolmarm, then you're gonna end up like the other board which was once so lively and is now so drab.

Indeed and absolutely :lol:

jpatokal

Post by jpatokal » Tue, 05 Apr 2005 1:05 am

slag the hag wrote:But if you start acting like a local Singapore schoolmarm, then you're gonna end up like the other board which was once so lively and is now so drab.
Unlike The Other Site, the censorship method here is to move entire threads into the Rubbish forum. So you can still plunge deep into the swill if you for some reason really want to...

No-thankU!

Post by No-thankU! » Thu, 07 Apr 2005 12:50 am

jpatokal wrote:
slag the hag wrote:But if you start acting like a local Singapore schoolmarm, then you're gonna end up like the other board which was once so lively and is now so drab.
Unlike The Other Site, the censorship method here is to move entire threads into the Rubbish forum. So you can still plunge deep into the swill if you for some reason really want to...
.........And get your trotters all messe-up :lol:

sayonara321

Post by sayonara321 » Thu, 14 Apr 2005 7:35 pm

No-thankU! wrote:
jpatokal wrote:
.........And get your trotters all messe-up :lol:
I don't think jpatokal means a 'pigswill', 'No-thankU' love :wink:

Bubbs

Post by Bubbs » Mon, 18 Apr 2005 7:21 pm

Nothing wrong with a bit of dirt now and again......lolol

welcome back bubbs

Post by welcome back bubbs » Tue, 19 Apr 2005 10:25 pm

Bubbs wrote:Nothing wrong with a bit of dirt now and again......lolol

:D :) :wink:

Bubbs

Post by Bubbs » Sat, 23 Apr 2005 12:57 am

Ta, ta, thankyou......I'm back and am reading thro the posts. Wow, some interesting ones.
On way out in a mo, Friday night in soaking wet and cold Wales, but never mind. Spring is here.