Singapore Expats

Warning: Behave

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
misscontrary

Post by misscontrary » Mon, 09 Jul 2012 9:11 pm

people this is what i am talking about!!!! who moderates moderators or do they get giddy with the virtual power they have??? help!

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Mon, 09 Jul 2012 9:12 pm

In the west I'd put her drivel as aged about 9-10. But in SG they seem to develop into satiate beings much more slowly.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Mon, 09 Jul 2012 9:16 pm

sierra2469alpha wrote:JR8 - read - please. Read what we said. Re-read what you posted. READ WHAT WE SAID.
Don't face palm yourself yet again. It's boring.

No one pays them. Happy now?

(By the way shut up will you you sound like you're having a panty-wetting fit!)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 09 Jul 2012 9:26 pm

Is it groundhog day? :???: :lol:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Mon, 09 Jul 2012 9:31 pm

Woo-woo-wooooo! It's really GREAT!

misscontrary

Post by misscontrary » Mon, 09 Jul 2012 9:42 pm

hey chill friends lets all stop this we are all here for a good time.i started it so i will wrap it up.i typed all short forms and short cuts as i was using my Mobile to type n the screen was rather small. i am also by social engineering effectively bilingual means i am effectively bad at both languages.no excuses though so i apologise for the inconvenience caused but i still feel that no matter your race education age or gender you have a right of speech as we have different worldviews n its the quality of the content n whether that content touches people's life that matters.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Mon, 09 Jul 2012 9:45 pm

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 09 Jul 2012 9:52 pm

Thank you for taking the time to try to type properly. Most of us are either educated or just been around long enough to pick up the odd thing or two (like me). We show each other respect here by trying our best to converse in a civilized manner befitting our educations. That is why you got off on the wrong foot. You can use that kind of texting on Sgforums or Sammyboy or Stomp or TOC or other local forums but it just doesn't fly here. Except, of course, in the Plastic Surgery or Airlines threads where it's all locals anyway.

But when I'm not wearing my moderator cap, we are just like every other poster on the board. And we will toy with those who come on all trollish like.

sms
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

misscontrary

Post by misscontrary » Mon, 09 Jul 2012 9:59 pm

Thank you for explaining that in a friendly manner as well. It gets to me better this way. I totally understand where you are coming from especially when you are moderating such a useful site.Cheers. :)

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Tue, 10 Jul 2012 8:20 am

I'm sure that when you finally get to contribute something to the forum, rather than just talking about yourself, that it will be a special moment.

Bring it on!

misscontrary

Post by misscontrary » Wed, 11 Jul 2012 1:42 am

relax brother.."vanity! vanity! all is but a chasing after the wind.For there is a time for everything."

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Sat, 24 Nov 2012 11:25 am

I hope this forum moderators will encourage banter and some silliness and look down upon racism and abuse as the main stigmata.

sp786
Regular
Regular
Answers: 1

Re: Warning: Behave

Post by sp786 » Sun, 11 Jul 2021 10:11 am

jpatokal wrote:
Sat, 12 Feb 2005 12:04 am
There's been too much insulting, flaming and general childish behavior lately on this forum. So here's the new policy:

Insulting other users in any way, shape or form will get your message moved to Rubbish. Repeat offenders or blatantly offensive remarks will be deleted.

You are still welcome to disagree with other users, we're just expecting you to do it without resorting to comments about their parentage or body odor. Practice time:

Right: You, sir, are wrong.
Wrong: You, sir, are wrong and a grotesquely ugly freak, like all you other green-skinned people.

Right: No lah, the laksa in Bukit Gorblok Hawker Centre stall 69 sucks.
Wrong: No lah, the laksa in Bukit Gorblok Hawker Centre stall 69 sucks, and so does your mom.

Not so hard, izzit? Now run along and play before you kena rotan. :twisted:
Your own moderators do it so would moderators ban themselves?

sundaymorningstaple

Re: Warning: Behave

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 11 Jul 2021 3:04 pm

And you maybe should have read this whole thread.....

tiktok
Reporter
Reporter

Re:

Post by tiktok » Sun, 11 Jul 2021 10:01 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Mon, 09 Jul 2012 9:52 pm
We show each other respect here by trying our best to converse in a civilized manner befitting our educations.
I not troll/wacko/spammer.
Me no expat. Me foreigner.