Singapore Expats

Warning: Behave

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Mon, 14 Feb 2011 7:35 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:He just want attention, hence the rather immature nick.
My money sez we'll soon see a tagline for one thing or another... then SMS can get out his 'poof' pic.
SMS has a poof pic? Ooh lala.... I didn't know he was that way inclined :wink:

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Mon, 14 Feb 2011 7:57 pm

JR8 wrote: sms has a poof pic? Ooh lala.... I didn't know he was that way inclined :wink:
:lol: :lol:

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 15 Feb 2011 12:18 am

JR8 wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:He just want attention, hence the rather immature nick.
My money sez we'll soon see a tagline for one thing or another... then SMS can get out his 'poof' pic.
SMS has a poof pic? Ooh lala....
Image :devil:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Tue, 15 Feb 2011 1:19 am

8-)

I remember a while back seeing you take out a spammer by replacing their last post with that graphic. Simple but effective :)

granator

What about mods?

Post by granator » Sun, 17 Jul 2011 7:39 pm

This is applicable to everyone, including moderators, right?
I don't have enough posts to my credit to say this (maybe) since I am new and have been looking around more before posting. And pardon me if this is insulting to some mods; but some mods do insult people a lot (from what I have seen on the forums).

Edited on reading the full thread (phew): Haha, this might have been a good comment upfront and of course - everyone (including the mods) have beaten this to death now. Conclusion - contribute wisely, don't insult anyone and ignore anyone who gets personal/insults.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 17 Jul 2011 8:20 pm

With only three posts, another one you might consider is "Never lead with your chin!".........

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

buyan

Post by buyan » Sun, 22 Jan 2012 4:04 pm

if everyone writes with a little bit of decorum, everything should be fine, should it not? If people only find things interesting when they resort to slagging off others, that's a pretty sad indictment on our sense of humour. :roll:

misscontrary

Post by misscontrary » Mon, 09 Jul 2012 7:54 pm

what if the moderator insults you? who moderates moderators?

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Mon, 09 Jul 2012 7:58 pm

misscontrary wrote:what if the moderator insults you? who moderates moderators?
Your error is to think that one has any kind of rights here.

misscontrary

Post by misscontrary » Mon, 09 Jul 2012 8:19 pm

right.what wad was i thinking that's how the world works.one little advice though don't keep us too oppressed or the only ones u ll be moderating are yourselves.

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Post by sierra2469alpha » Mon, 09 Jul 2012 8:19 pm

Always the problem here - Who pays the watchers. Oh, maybe, who moderates the moderators. Interesting - but never an open debate here..

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Mon, 09 Jul 2012 8:24 pm

misscontrary wrote:right.what wad was i thinking that's how the world works.one little advice though don't keep us too oppressed or the only ones u ll be moderating are yourselves.

You're about 15 I'd guess.

p.s. Sierra, there is no such thing as open debate anywhere. You are always confined within certain parameters.

misscontrary

Post by misscontrary » Mon, 09 Jul 2012 8:32 pm

take criticisms/advice with a stride

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 09 Jul 2012 9:03 pm

Hey JR8, methinks you give her too much credit.

I think she might be one of those pathetic folks who tend to read TOC or Temasek Review or whatever it's called. Someone, last week picked up a couple of our posts in a thread and pasted it there, so we got some additional visibility other than being first in the Google rankings. You can always tell the subnormal ones as they don't speak English nor can they spell either. Probably a prime example of Harry's social engineering experiments of the 70's & 80's gone horribly wrong. She is also a classic passive/aggressive.

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Post by sierra2469alpha » Mon, 09 Jul 2012 9:10 pm

JR8 - read - please. Read what we said. Re-read what you posted. READ WHAT WE SAID.

Don't face palm yourself yet again. It's boring.