Singapore Expats

PRC Visitor Visa

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
newaisa

PRC Visitor Visa

Post by newaisa » Tue, 27 Jun 2017 2:03 am

Hi Guys,

I am trying to help my PRC friend to apply for visitor pass in Singapore - as I am Sgrean here. But I'm not sure whether state the reason as "seeking employment opportunity & further study" will be an acceptable reason?

Not worried about whether he will give me any trouble, as I knew him enough. We have been friend since my university years abroad.

The truthful reason is that he is seeking job (interviews), and also trying to get a part time masters degree. However, I'm not sure whether that will raise a flag if I state that.

Another way will be just to state holiday. But then, that will also raise a flag in the event he stayed for too many weeks. As job hunting may take long time.

Wanted to ask if anyone had applied for PRC friend/relative visitor pass, and can give some advise here.

Thank you.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: PRC Visitor Visa

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 27 Jun 2017 9:48 am

newaisa wrote:Hi Guys,

I am trying to help my PRC friend to apply for visitor pass in Singapore - as I am Sgrean here. But I'm not sure whether state the reason as "seeking employment opportunity & further study" will be an acceptable reason?

Not worried about whether he will give me any trouble, as I knew him enough. We have been friend since my university years abroad.

The truthful reason is that he is seeking job (interviews), and also trying to get a part time masters degree. However, I'm not sure whether that will raise a flag if I state that.

Another way will be just to state holiday. But then, that will also raise a flag in the event he stayed for too many weeks. As job hunting may take long time.

Wanted to ask if anyone had applied for PRC friend/relative visitor pass, and can give some advise here.

Thank you.
Just put the reason as holiday. make sure he doesn't over stay the visa.

Easy Peasy