Singapore Expats Forum

International School teacher

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

Japan Jo

International School teacher

Postby Japan Jo » Fri, 11 Feb 2005 9:30 pm

I was wondering if anyone has any idea how much teachers at one of the large International Schools make, such as Tanglin, OFS, UWC? Also, what kind of housing allowance do they get? I'm thinking about applying next year and wonder what it's like.

Also, how does cost of living compare to Japan?

The enlightened one

Re: International School teacher

Postby The enlightened one » Sun, 13 Feb 2005 5:31 pm

Japan Jo wrote:I was wondering if anyone has any idea how much teachers at one of the large International Schools make, such as Tanglin, OFS, UWC? Also, what kind of housing allowance do they get? I'm thinking about applying next year and wonder what it's like.

Also, how does cost of living compare to Japan?

Why don't you ask them directly. Wouldn't it be much easier? 8) Just phone and ask.

loosersic

teachers pay

Postby loosersic » Sun, 13 Feb 2005 9:00 pm

teachers at some International Schools are on between 50-70 000 Sing$ a year for first year outs. (Higher rates paid at different schools). My school also gives a 15% CHristmas bonus

my school pays at average rate (not the highly paid one :( ) about $1400 month for rental for a single, 2000 for a family of three, 2200 for four.

every school also has a sliding scale - the more responsibility you take on or seniority you have the more you get.