Singapore Expats

New Employment Pass Pending Since April 2017

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
abhireddy001

New Employment Pass Pending Since April 2017

Post by abhireddy001 » Wed, 14 Jun 2017 6:10 pm

Any one know if anyone's fresh EP got approved during the period of May / June ? :-k :-k :???:
Can some one throw some light on this ? :shooting:
Should i wait or can withdraw hopes of current application and Re apply again ? :shit:
Last edited by abhireddy001 on Tue, 10 Jul 2018 10:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: New Employment Pass Pending Since April 2017

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 14 Jun 2017 8:17 pm

abhireddy001 wrote:I am from INDIA and always had offer chance to work in Singapore as i have huge colleagues circle in Singapore and highly Cross skilled profile Skill sets, but didn't show much interest earlier. [-(

Anyways as the things getting changed, in April end 2017 i have accepted an offer now with 7.5k $ per month looking forward to step into Singapore hoping that the EP pass filed by company will approved within just 3 weeks. I have accepted the offer although i know 7.5k$ per month is just an average salary for my skill set as being primary goal is to step in now and can surge later. :-"

My company filed my EP on 24-Apr-2017, told me it will just take 3 weeks (As of Mar 2017) and then my EP status is still pending. Meanwhile seems MoM has requested few documents from company and they have submitted it on May 30th. Still the process is under way. :mad:

I couldn't see any issues with my profile and qualified for EP. [-o<
Experience - Almost 8 Years
Education - Masters in Computer sciences Full Time

Recently got some updates from MoM website that processing times are been extended to 8 weeks. ](*,) ](*,)

Do any one know if anyone's fresh EP got approved during the period of May / June ? :-k :-k :???:
Should i wait or can withdraw hopes of current application and Re apply again ? :shit:
If you did some search, prolonged waiting is expected nowadays.

Wait ! If you can ...

abhireddy001

Post by abhireddy001 » Wed, 14 Jun 2017 8:29 pm

ecureilx wrote:
abhireddy001 wrote:I am from INDIA and always had offer chance to work in Singapore as i have huge colleagues circle in Singapore and highly Cross skilled profile Skill sets, but didn't show much interest earlier. [-(

Anyways as the things getting changed, in April end 2017 i have accepted an offer now with 7.5k $ per month looking forward to step into Singapore hoping that the EP pass filed by company will approved within just 3 weeks. I have accepted the offer although i know 7.5k$ per month is just an average salary for my skill set as being primary goal is to step in now and can surge later. :-"

My company filed my EP on 24-Apr-2017, told me it will just take 3 weeks (As of Mar 2017) and then my EP status is still pending. Meanwhile seems MoM has requested few documents from company and they have submitted it on May 30th. Still the process is under way. :mad:

I couldn't see any issues with my profile and qualified for EP. [-o<
Experience - Almost 8 Years
Education - Masters in Computer sciences Full Time

Recently got some updates from MoM website that processing times are been extended to 8 weeks. ](*,) ](*,)

Do any one know if anyone's fresh EP got approved during the period of May / June ? :-k :-k :???:
If you did some search, prolonged waiting is expected nowadays.

Wait ! If you can ...
Employer raising curiosity, saying its gonna approved tomorrow day to day basis !!
I guess Tomorrow never ends :lol: Yeah Fingers Crossed :shock:

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Wed, 14 Jun 2017 9:31 pm

I think Singapore is too small for your highly cross skilled profile skill sets. You should not waste your time here, instead you should surge right away to US.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 14 Jun 2017 9:42 pm

Are you working for a company that is going to contract you out to yet another company, ie, a bodyshop?

If yes, you may wait forever.

abhireddy001

Post by abhireddy001 » Wed, 14 Jun 2017 10:39 pm

Wd40 wrote:I think Singapore is too small for your highly cross skilled profile skill sets. You should not waste your time here, instead you should surge right away to US.

Yeah US market does well for my skills, but my research have given fair idea and Singapore is not far away from US.Iprefer travelling frequent as Singapore-IND jus a 4 hrs away and personnel preferences drive me more to stick to Singapore.
Hope will get an outcome sometime soon :oops:

abhireddy001

Post by abhireddy001 » Wed, 14 Jun 2017 10:43 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:Are you working for a company that is going to contract you out to yet another company, ie, a bodyshop?

That sounds scary :twisted:
Yes I am going to work for a CMMI Level 3 MNC company who has good base and local employees in sinagapore and to be Outsourced to a LEVEL 5 MNC Giant Company in Singapore. However the client is the one who processed through their Level3 Vendor. Hope goes well soon
#-o

Wd40
Director
Director

Post by Wd40 » Wed, 14 Jun 2017 10:51 pm

That's a problem you know. Only Level 15 and above intergalactic magnanimous companies are preferred to outsource to Level 12 and above alpha modulo domino 99 rated vendors. Wish you good luck.

abhireddy001

Post by abhireddy001 » Thu, 15 Jun 2017 12:23 am

Wd40 wrote:That's a problem you know. Only Level 15 and above intergalactic magnanimous companies are preferred to outsource to Level 12 and above alpha modulo domino 99 rated vendors. Wish you good luck.

Oh Okay ! Wait a minute i guess the levels you are referring are different from what i was referring to as per INDIA.
Can you :shooting: :shooting: me light on What level is the "EQUINNIX" in Sg ?
We in INDIA have level 3 to 5, 5 Being the CMMI level MNC Giants Google,Yahoo,Microsoft,IBM, Accenture,TCS etc etc so i was referring EQUINNIX as level 5 [-o<

The clients and vendors are prettymuch confident on my EP being couldn't find a local resource for the position which my EP was filed.

Wd40
Director
Director

Post by Wd40 » Thu, 15 Jun 2017 12:56 am

CMMI level has no significance even in India. For example you say TCS is CMMI level 5. But you tell me you are working for TCS means it is a cheap body shopper and it gets no respect anywhere. But if you are working for Flipkart or some cool startup doing some cool stuff like big data etc nobody gives a shit whether it is CMMI or not. You will get employed easily.

So Equinix sounds​ like a big company but why work for a vendor? If you really have the cross domain, cutting edge blah blah skills you should work directly for Equinix.

abhireddy001

Post by abhireddy001 » Thu, 15 Jun 2017 1:47 am

Wd40 wrote:CMMI level has no significance even in India. For example you say TCS is CMMI level 5. But you tell me you are working for TCS means it is a cheap body shopper and it gets no respect anywhere. But if you are working for Flipkart or some cool startup doing some cool stuff like big data etc nobody gives a shit whether it is CMMI or not. You will get employed easily.

So Equinix sounds​ like a big company but why work for a vendor? If you really have the cross domain, cutting edge blah blah skills you should work directly for Equinix.

Yes You are right,I am initially a referral meanwhile unfortunately seems the vendor company has processed my profile to Equinix and under certain conditions they have to consider it under the vendor company.
The position which is open for is under one of my skillset and there is nothing much to do with my cross skills for now compared to the current Open position.

Thats defnitely sure its going to be a big asset for me and the company once i get in. As like Big Data stuff, i am into Oracle Onpremise applications , Cloud services too and Salesforce [-o<

Few of the colleagues from my circle got in through the vendor a year back and after the first year they got into Equinix roles based on performance =D>

Client is already on their thoughts to either cancel the current vendors EP application and file a new EP from their side if its not going to approve in another week and not sure how thing goes!!
Fingers crossed [-o<

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 15 Jun 2017 5:56 am

abhireddy001 wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:Are you working for a company that is going to contract you out to yet another company, ie, a bodyshop?

That sounds scary :twisted:
Yes I am going to work for a CMMI Level 3 MNC company who has good base and local employees in sinagapore and to be Outsourced to a LEVEL 5 MNC Giant Company in Singapore. However the client is the one who processed through their Level3 Vendor. Hope goes well soon
#-o
Getting outsourced is the kiss of death these days. The gahmen has realized that body shops are displacing mid level techs, destroying the career paths of all the PMET's the gahmen wants to develop.

In order to convince the "Level 5's", as you call them, to hire locally, or at least on permanent EP, they are not granting bodyshop EP's... you may be in for a long wait.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 15 Jun 2017 9:38 am

abhireddy001 wrote: Yeah US market does well for my skills, but my research have given fair idea and Singapore is not far away from US.Iprefer travelling frequent as Singapore-IND jus a 4 hrs away and personnel preferences drive me more to stick to Singapore.
Not scare mongering, but Singapore is getting close to Middle East, when it comes to residency. In Middle East, you can work as long as you want, but you never know when the Arabs decide this year 10% must go home, and you maybe one of the 10% who goes home.

Hopefully Singapore is not going there, but it is almost there, with severely tightened pass rules, strict PR Policy, and also recent active cash encouragement for companies to employ unemployed Citizens in lieu of Foreigners.

kozizi

Post by kozizi » Thu, 15 Jun 2017 1:34 pm

Wd40 wrote:That's a problem you know. Only Level 15 and above intergalactic magnanimous companies are preferred to outsource to Level 12 and above alpha modulo domino 99 rated vendors. Wish you good luck.

:lol: :lol:

abhireddy001

Post by abhireddy001 » Thu, 15 Jun 2017 3:08 pm

ecureilx wrote:
abhireddy001 wrote: Yeah US market does well for my skills, but my research have given fair idea and Singapore is not far away from US.Iprefer travelling frequent as Singapore-IND jus a 4 hrs away and personnel preferences drive me more to stick to Singapore.
Not scare mongering, but Singapore is getting close to Middle East, when it comes to residency. In Middle East, you can work as long as you want, but you never know when the Arabs decide this year 10% must go home, and you maybe one of the 10% who goes home.

Hopefully Singapore is not going there, but it is almost there, with severely tightened pass rules, strict PR Policy, and also recent active cash encouragement for companies to employ unemployed Citizens in lieu of Foreigners.
Yeah I Agree, But it always depends on the skill sets the position is demanding for. For eg: In My case, for the position which i have been hired, had no Local resource who can fit into and that's how pupil who gets updated to current market trends will be on Safe Boat O:)