Singapore Expats

New Employment Pass Pending Since April 2017

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: New Employment Pass Pending Since April 2017

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 15 Jun 2017 3:12 pm

abhireddy001 wrote:
ecureilx wrote:
abhireddy001 wrote: In My case, for the position which i have been hired, had no Local resource who can fit into and that's how pupil who gets updated to current market trends will be on Safe Boat O:)

You never know and also it might just be a matter of time !

abhireddy001

Post by abhireddy001 » Thu, 15 Jun 2017 3:24 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
abhireddy001 wrote:
ecureilx wrote:

m

Thats Right !! I am wondering too till now they claim they cant find a local resource for this position. They have been looking to fulfill the position since Aug 2016 and sadly on the first attempt, i have been kept on Hold due to the opening is for a cornered skill ( out of the skills i am carrying and i felt that's not right fit for me) and finally it again turned out to me in April 2017 :roll:

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 15 Jun 2017 4:58 pm

abhireddy001 wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
abhireddy001 wrote:

m

Thats Right !! I am wondering too till now they claim they cant find a local resource for this position. They have been looking to fulfill the position since Aug 2016 and sadly on the first attempt, i have been kept on Hold due to the opening is for a cornered skill ( out of the skills i am carrying and i felt that's not right fit for me) and finally it again turned out to me in April 2017 :roll:
What is the skill and position? Do you mind sharing...

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 15 Jun 2017 7:15 pm

abhireddy001 wrote: Yeah I Agree, But it always depends on the skill sets the position is demanding for. For eg: In My case, for the position which i have been hired, had no Local resource who can fit into and that's how pupil who gets updated to current market trends will be on Safe Boat O:)
That kind of thinking don't hold water nowadays in singapore nor is the government keen on accepting it... Unless you are some inventor, investor or scientist :)

But stay positive!

abhireddy001

Post by abhireddy001 » Fri, 16 Jun 2017 12:26 am

ecureilx wrote:
abhireddy001 wrote: Yeah I Agree, But it always depends on the skill sets the position is demanding for. For eg: In My case, for the position which i have been hired, had no Local resource who can fit into and that's how pupil who gets updated to current market trends will be on Safe Boat O:)
That kind of thinking don't hold water nowadays in singapore nor is the government keen on accepting it... Unless you are some inventor, investor or scientist :)

But stay positive!
Hahahahaaahhh!! Thumbs up bro, i guess the inventor is the one who's stands tall upto date and the investor is the one who pickup those inventors !

Anyways thank You!! Hoping positive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 16 Jun 2017 9:57 am

You still didn't say what is the skill and what is the position.....

abhireddy001

Post by abhireddy001 » Fri, 16 Jun 2017 10:19 am

singaporeflyer wrote:You still didn't say what is the skill and what is the position.....

physice

Post by physice » Fri, 14 Jul 2017 2:48 pm

It will takes longer time to get EP now. So my advise is, be patient.

However, I do notice the same pattern (feel free for every one to object/add your observation). If the application takes too long, let's say around 3 months, better to back off & find other companies. There is maybe something wrong with the company, not with you.

Happened to me before, my first company took 3 months plus to apply EP (with 2 rejections, before finally approved). All foreigners in this company also the same (e.g. Malaysian, Vietnamese, Australian), their pass need 3 months plus to get approved. And yeah, the company is doing so badly. I didn't receive my salary for 2.5 months (was leaving in Jan 2017, and didn't receive till now).

*I didn't mean to scare you off, just letting you know to be careful. If you're really keen to check whether it's you or the company, there is no harm to call MOM directly.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 14 Jul 2017 8:26 pm

physice wrote: *I didn't mean to scare you off, just letting you know to be careful. If you're really keen to check whether it's you or the company, there is no harm to call MOM directly.
Correct.

Call MOM. They will tell you if the company is bad!

abhireddy001

Post by abhireddy001 » Sat, 15 Jul 2017 10:01 am

physice wrote:It will takes longer time to get EP now. So my advise is, be patient.

However, I do notice the same pattern (feel free for every one to object/add your observation). If the application takes too long, let's say around 3 months, better to back off & find other companies. There is maybe something wrong with the company, not with you.

Happened to me before, my first company took 3 months plus to apply EP (with 2 rejections, before finally approved). All foreigners in this company also the same (e.g. Malaysian, Vietnamese, Australian), their pass need 3 months plus to get approved. And yeah, the company is doing so badly. I didn't receive my salary for 2.5 months (was leaving in Jan 2017, and didn't receive till now).

*I didn't mean to scare you off, just letting you know to be careful. If you're really keen to check whether it's you or the company, there is no harm to call MOM directly.
My EP was Pending until June mid which was filed by a well established company !!!
Sooner I was been offered some other position with a singapore company and when they filed through their vendor company who was kind of startup it just took 7 working days to approve my EP !!

I guess the Local Employee strength and the number of foreigners also matters to a company Image

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sat, 15 Jul 2017 11:28 am

abhireddy001 wrote:
physice wrote:It will takes longer time to get EP now. So my advise is, be patient.

My EP was Pending until June mid which was filed by a well established company !!!
Sooner I was been offered some other position with a singapore company and when they filed through their vendor company who was kind of startup it just took 7 working days to approve my EP !!

I guess the Local Employee strength and the number of foreigners also matters to a company Image

Vendor = start up = big head count? ;)

abhireddy001

Post by abhireddy001 » Sat, 15 Jul 2017 11:45 am

ecureilx wrote:
abhireddy001 wrote:

Vendor = start up = big head count? ;)
Not a big count though !! Even 30 + employee organization calculates the ratio Image 20:10 atleast

The previous vendor had 500+ strength being local strength = foriegners so i guess thats how MoM considering too to improve local employee strength

Thulasi

Post by Thulasi » Thu, 27 Jul 2017 12:50 pm

Hi all,

my ep has filed 1st march 2017 and it has been rejected at march 15th and appeal made march 29th and then it went to vetting process and then status changed pending till now status shows pending ..please advise what is going on in approval process

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 27 Jul 2017 12:54 pm

Thulasi wrote:Hi all,

my ep has filed 1st march 2017 and it has been rejected at march 15th and appeal made march 29th and then it went to vetting process and then status changed pending till now status shows pending ..please advise what is going on in approval process

Why are you spamming the same in multiple threads?

Thulasi

Post by Thulasi » Thu, 27 Jul 2017 12:56 pm

Please advise when will approve or not