Singapore Expats

Junior Project Management jobs in Singapore on D Pas

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
Edgar P

Junior Project Management jobs in Singapore on D Pas

Post by Edgar P » Tue, 13 Jun 2017 3:27 pm

Dear Members,

I am about to take PRINCE2 Foundation exam and wonder if it will help me to secure a Project Coordinator or similar job?

As I understood, Singapore is a pretty harsh place for foreigners seeking entry-level/junior executive types of jobs. Currently, I am holding D Pass on E Pass which should not be a big deal for an employer (as they need to get LOC from the MOM only).

Do you think is it wise idea to continue my search for Project Coordinator or relevant jobs or is it too ambitious and I should stick with my previous industry (HR)

Please share your thoughts or/and experience.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Re: Junior Project Management jobs in Singapore on D Pas

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 13 Jun 2017 9:39 pm

If you can actually manage a project (and I assure you that holding a PMP or Prince 2 piece of paper is no indication whatsoever of your ability), then you might be able to find a client facing position in the managed services business, where you would take care of the day to day aspects of service operations for the client.

I don't see much in the way of entry level project implementation roles, then again, my experience is limited to the IT world and I cannot comment upon roles in construction, O&G, and other industries.

My sense is that even if you found a job, you might find it hard to get a LOC approved for it. The job you describe is exactly the kind of PMET job that the government salivates over so the fresh graduates have something to do when they get out of school. But, that's a SWAG with no evidence to back it up.

Edgar P

Post by Edgar P » Tue, 13 Jun 2017 10:09 pm

Thank you for your reply, Strong Eagle.

I have experience in delivering projects within HR. However, we did not use any methodology or proper PM software (except Excel).

Thus, I am not sure if I can apply for Assistant PM job. Or can I?

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 13 Jun 2017 10:38 pm

You can apply all day long. A certification will help, when coupled with real world experience.