Singapore Expats

PR application approval chances

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
Dee1984

PR application approval chances

Post by Dee1984 » Mon, 12 Jun 2017 2:46 pm

Hey,

Could you guys please help me with the PR application. I am a British Indian married to Singaporean for almost 4 years with a Singaporean child. My wife relocated to UK after marriage and have been working in London until the end of last year. We decided to move to Singapore due to my in laws health issue.

My wife's company transferred her to Singapore in November on a Singapore pay roll and then in April she found a new job earning SGD70K . She has a degree from NUS and worked in Singapore for 2 years before marriage.

At the start of this year my company also transferred me here for 1 year short assignment on UK pay roll (SGD 110k) and I manged to get LTVP+ which makes things easier for them. I am a R&D engineer with 9+ years of experience and have got master degree from University of Manchester.

Now we are thinking of applying PR for me which will make our life easier when it comes to finding new jobs and house. I have read it in several forums that it is like a black box and nobody know what goes in the ICA office.

I will really appreciate some comments or advice on the matter.

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Re: PR application approval chances

Post by Barnsley » Mon, 12 Jun 2017 3:49 pm

Dee1984 wrote:Hey,

Could you guys please help me with the PR application. I am a British Indian married to Singaporean for almost 4 years with a Singaporean child. My wife relocated to UK after marriage and have been working in London until the end of last year. We decided to move to Singapore due to my in laws health issue.

My wife's company transferred her to Singapore in November on a Singapore pay roll and then in April she found a new job earning SGD70K . She has a degree from NUS and worked in Singapore for 2 years before marriage.

At the start of this year my company also transferred me here for 1 year short assignment on UK pay roll (SGD 110k) and I manged to get LTVP+ which makes things easier for them. I am a R&D engineer with 9+ years of experience and have got master degree from University of Manchester.

Now we are thinking of applying PR for me which will make our life easier when it comes to finding new jobs and house. I have read it in several forums that it is like a black box and nobody know what goes in the ICA office.

I will really appreciate some comments or advice on the matter.
I think if you apply via the spousal route a different set of criteria are required.

Married for 4 years and having a child should be a positive :mrgreen:
Life is short, paddle harder!!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 12 Jun 2017 7:31 pm

Barnsley wrote:
I think if you apply via the spousal route a different set of criteria are required.

Married for 4 years and having a child should be a positive :mrgreen:
and a pink IC spouse definitely helps !!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 13 Jun 2017 8:40 pm

You should apply using the Family Ties Scheme. They will also take into account your employment and credentials, etc. when vetting your application. My guess is they will grant you PR in spite of your nationality as with the exception of 3 years of tax assessments, you have the marriage, your wife making a decent income and a child (whom I am assuming has Singapore Citizenship and possibly even dual citizenship).
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Dee1984

Post by Dee1984 » Wed, 14 Jun 2017 5:57 am

Thanks lot guys for the great advice. I will apply using family ties as suggested.

rajnpr

Post by rajnpr » Mon, 18 Sep 2017 6:39 pm

Hi Friends,
My PR application is still in "Pending" status from 22nd Sep 2016, My profile is -

Indian IT Professional
Married and 2 Kids
Salary - 110K

Arrived Singapore in 2009 but applied PR in Sep 2016.

Any input on chances of getting the PR?

Regards,

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 18 Sep 2017 6:48 pm

rajnpr wrote:Hi Friends,
My PR application is still in "Pending" status from 22nd Sep 2016, My profile is -

Indian IT Professional
Married and 2 Kids
Salary - 110K

Arrived Singapore in 2009 but applied PR in Sep 2016.

Any input on chances of getting the PR?

Regards,
Are you the only working person in the family?

Chances : 30% - will get, 70% - won't get

BBCDoc
Chatter
Chatter

Post by BBCDoc » Tue, 19 Sep 2017 8:24 am

I'm British Chinese, spent 1 year less in Singapore than you.

First PR application without children and <$80k salary was rejected.

Second PR application 2 years later with kid and salary >$100k was approved.

Wife also working.

Go for it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's always room for one more