Singapore Expats

Religion - Split from Going Back Home

Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
x9200

Re: Religion - Split from Going Back Home

Post by x9200 » Tue, 04 Jul 2017 4:42 pm

The history of mankind is full of beautiful, noble ides with the implementation success rate of zero for any more massive scale.

Besides, I don't really think any 'inventor" of these ideas would really care who was the first.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 04 Jul 2017 11:50 pm

PNGMK wrote:But they are not followers of the gospel and you are correct for calling them out.
Yes, the only words that matter are the ones that Jesus spoke. I particularly like the Gospel of Thomas, which, as you know, was not deemed worthy to be included in the "original" bible.

Jesus and Buddha had/have much the same message... love, compassion, inclusion, and distributive justice.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Wed, 05 Jul 2017 7:00 am

Strong Eagle wrote:
PNGMK wrote:But they are not followers of the gospel and you are correct for calling them out.
Yes, the only words that matter are the ones that Jesus spoke. I particularly like the Gospel of Thomas, which, as you know, was not deemed worthy to be included in the "original" bible.

Jesus and Buddha had/have much the same message... love, compassion, inclusion, and distributive justice.
When it comes to the apocryphal gospels my only issue is whether they contain something that should be included in the Christian life, so far for me the answer is no. As to their legitimacy that argument is far above my pay grade in life.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!