Singapore Expats

Chances for Employment Pass

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
expat12

Chances for Employment Pass

Post by expat12 » Fri, 02 Jun 2017 11:11 am

Hi All,

Need your valuable suggestions.I am currently dependent of Singapore Permanent Resident holding LOC to work in singapore.Recently my salary was increased by 22% by my employer with whom i am employed for two years plus because of a promotion after which it is 5500 and they have applied for Employment Pass on 24th May.Still the status is pending.

My qualifications are Graduate full time in Engineering and Masters via distance Learning.Both Qualification from India.I am having almost 6 years of experience(4 years + in singapre).Currently working as Software consultant for a Niche Software used in Banks

Could you please help me to know the chances of EP approval in my case.

Thanks a Lot

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: Chances for Employment Pass

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 02 Jun 2017 1:52 pm

expat12 wrote:Hi All,

Need your valuable suggestions.I am currently dependent of Singapore Permanent Resident holding LOC to work in singapore.Recently my salary was increased by 22% by my employer with whom i am employed for two years plus because of a promotion after which it is 5500 and they have applied for Employment Pass on 24th May.Still the status is pending.

My qualifications are Graduate full time in Engineering and Masters via distance Learning.Both Qualification from India.I am having almost 6 years of experience(4 years + in singapre).Currently working as Software consultant for a Niche Software used in Banks

Could you please help me to know the chances of EP approval in my case.

Thanks a Lot
Please try the below. It can predict better than us

https://services.mom.gov.sg/sat/satcontroller

expat12

Post by expat12 » Fri, 02 Jun 2017 2:07 pm

Hi,

I have tried that already.It shows me eligible for the pass.But my concern is as my present employer is
applying for a EP from LOC will it be a concern as I am not a new employee

Thanks

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 02 Jun 2017 2:59 pm

expat12 wrote:Hi,

I have tried that already.It shows me eligible for the pass.But my concern is as my present employer is
applying for a EP from LOC will it be a concern as I am not a new employee

Thanks
Should not be a concern..

x9200

Post by x9200 » Fri, 02 Jun 2017 3:43 pm

I would be more concerned about your distance learning degrees.

expat12

Post by expat12 » Fri, 02 Jun 2017 3:56 pm

Hi x9200,

The distance learning degree(from annamalai university) was just acquired for learning purpose through the right channel.Eventhough I have completed my course from India the same university conducts the course in Singapore as well which I later came to know.I am not sure even if degree is attained through proper channel it would be a problem or not.I have furnished the details about the course in my application as I feel its not right to hide something which i have already furnished 2 years back in my cv.Is there any way i can prove the certificate legitimate.Also MOM have still not asked for any further details nor documents.

As per my employer they used to get approvals/rejections within a week.For me its taking more time.So just worried as have mentioned if my masters distance degree is causing the delay

Thanks

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 02 Jun 2017 4:05 pm

expat12 wrote: As per my employer they used to get approvals/rejections within a week.For me its taking more time.
Approvals / Rejections in 1 week are good old days. I know couple of friends whose EP took close to 3 months and this is being the norm.

So, at 1 week you cannot do much other than waiting.

On LOC you were pretty safe. Why did you move to EP?

expat12

Post by expat12 » Fri, 02 Jun 2017 4:24 pm

Hi,

We were planning to apply for Permanent Residence for me and our kid.So we were told by couple of our friends that being in independent EP may add more chance to our application.Also intending for investing on a property here for which we may have banking needs.Under LOC we cannot apply for loans .Also as my employer readily agreed we thought of giving it a chance.But i certainly know that under loc i was indeed in safe side

Thanks

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 02 Jun 2017 4:50 pm

expat12 wrote:Hi,

We were planning to apply for Permanent Residence for me and our kid.So we were told by couple of our friends that being in independent EP may add more chance to our application.Also intending for investing on a property here for which we may have banking needs.Under LOC we cannot apply for loans .Also as my employer readily agreed we thought of giving it a chance.But i certainly know that under loc i was indeed in safe side

Thanks
As long as your spouse sponsors your PR, it does not matter if you are on LOC or EP. As long as you are earning the chances for both are the same.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Fri, 02 Jun 2017 5:37 pm

expat12 wrote:Hi x9200,

The distance learning degree(from annamalai university) was just acquired for learning purpose through the right channel.Eventhough I have completed my course from India the same university conducts the course in Singapore as well which I later came to know.I am not sure even if degree is attained through proper channel it would be a problem or not.I have furnished the details about the course in my application as I feel its not right to hide something which i have already furnished 2 years back in my cv.Is there any way i can prove the certificate legitimate.Also MOM have still not asked for any further details nor documents.

As per my employer they used to get approvals/rejections within a week.For me its taking more time.So just worried as have mentioned if my masters distance degree is causing the delay

Thanks
From some anecdotal evidence it appears MOM is not extremely keen on this sort of degrees so if your EP relies on it then....

expat12

Post by expat12 » Sat, 03 Jun 2017 8:34 am

No,I just tried in sat after removing my masters qualification .It doesnt seem to have an effect.Still I am qualified for ep.Any ways thanks a lot for your reply.I will update the outcome in forum once it arrives :)

x9200

Post by x9200 » Sat, 03 Jun 2017 10:21 am

expat12 wrote:No,I just tried in sat after removing my masters qualification .It doesnt seem to have an effect.Still I am qualified for ep.Any ways thanks a lot for your reply.I will update the outcome in forum once it arrives :)
No what?

expat12

Post by expat12 » Fri, 09 Jun 2017 4:39 pm

Hi All,

EP got approved after 7 working days :D