Singapore Expats

How to start a business?

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
terralovina

Re: How to start a business?

Post by terralovina » Wed, 31 May 2017 11:42 am

Hi,

Refering to what you said: My friend ask me to buy some software like CRM and Accounting System, I think that should be one part of the business at the starting. ----> This is not true. I own my own business and also know many other people who do. I can confidently say that this is not a criteria. I do not need to buy any of those softwares to start up my businesses.

I also know some people who try to cheat me and my friends. Saying that buying those CRM & accounting softwares are claimable by PIC etc etc- though in a way it is claimable, but only certain % is. In the end you will also end up forking out your own money for softwares that you do not actually need (they are not even cheap in the first place!). So just be careful. May I know what kind of business are you thinking to open?

Strong Eagle
Answers: 10

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 31 May 2017 9:32 pm

You need a business plan... what you will sell, who you will sell it to, and for how much... what it will cost to make and sell... how you will market your product or service... how you will handle the competition.

Without a business plan you will fail. Read up on how to create a business plan. You will learn much about how you need to think about running a business. Your first step is NOT buying something, your first step is thinking about what you will do.

http://www.herberts.org/miscdocs/Sample ... ntents.pdf

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 28 Mar 2019 8:23 pm

this one is clueless.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers