Singapore Expats

Can I hold multiple IPA Letter from different companies

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
prinscanew

Can I hold multiple IPA Letter from different companies

Post by prinscanew » Mon, 29 May 2017 11:48 am

Hello everyone,
Greetings! I am new on this website and need some help regarding my EP Application. I will try to explain my situation.
I am working with Company A (as a contractor - my contract is done with a third party HR company, say Company B.) This means I am currently holding an employment pass with Company B.

As my contract was due to expire, I started looking out for new jobs and received an offer from company C. I accepted their offer and company C applied for a new EP application with MOM. The EP application was approved and I have now received an IPA letter from MOM for company C.

I approached Company A (as my reporting manager is company A) and put up my resignation. However, it happened so that my manager is very keen on retaining me with the company so he offered me a counter offer. He told me he will convert me to a permanent employee (which means I will be a Company A employee) and also match my job and pay expectations. I was ok with the proposal until I realized the challenge with the EP Process.

So basically here is my question..
1. If I choose to stay back with company A, they will have to apply a new EP for me (as I am a contractor currently). A new EP application will be made. Can this be done without me rejecting up the offer from company C. I am scared to lose company C as my IPA is already in place and what if my application with company A gets rejected? Just to be safe I want to hold on the IPA as long as my EP with company A is approved.
2. Can two companies apply for employment pass at the same time without any problems. Can i hold onto multiple IPA letters?

It will be really safe for me if I can hold on the the company C offer till my EP with company A is approved. Let me know if this is possible. I am concerned if i am violating any MOM rules. Is there a way I can confirm this with MOM?

Thanks

Regards

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Can I hold multiple IPA Letter from different companies

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 29 May 2017 2:21 pm

prinscanew wrote:Hello everyone,
Greetings! I am new on this website and need some help regarding my EP Application. I will try to explain my situation.
I am working with Company A (as a contractor - my contract is done with a third party HR company, say Company B.) This means I am currently holding an employment pass with Company B.

As my contract was due to expire, I started looking out for new jobs and received an offer from company C. I accepted their offer and company C applied for a new EP application with MOM. The EP application was approved and I have now received an IPA letter from MOM for company C.

I approached Company A (as my reporting manager is company A) and put up my resignation. However, it happened so that my manager is very keen on retaining me with the company so he offered me a counter offer. He told me he will convert me to a permanent employee (which means I will be a Company A employee) and also match my job and pay expectations. I was ok with the proposal until I realized the challenge with the EP Process.

So basically here is my question..
1. If I choose to stay back with company A, they will have to apply a new EP for me (as I am a contractor currently). A new EP application will be made. Can this be done without me rejecting up the offer from company C. I am scared to lose company C as my IPA is already in place and what if my application with company A gets rejected? Just to be safe I want to hold on the IPA as long as my EP with company A is approved.
2. Can two companies apply for employment pass at the same time without any problems. Can i hold onto multiple IPA letters?

It will be really safe for me if I can hold on the the company C offer till my EP with company A is approved. Let me know if this is possible. I am concerned if i am violating any MOM rules. Is there a way I can confirm this with MOM?

Thanks

Regards

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Can I hold multiple IPA Letter from different companies

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 30 May 2017 10:07 am

You cannot apply for another EP unless the IPA already approved has been cancelled. Should you submit another application, it is a well-known fact that is has thrown a monkeywrench into the system and often you end up with zero IPAs or they are put into limbo until they get it sorted out. This often results in the prospective employers getting frustrated and telling you to forget it. You will need to figure out what you want and if a bird in the hand is worth two still in the bush. Burning the candle from both ends usually results in the holder of the candle getting seriously burned.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers