Singapore Expats Forum

Are these genuine PR application processing agents?

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.

Sponsored by:
AE Logistics - Movers & Storage

genuineexpat

Postby genuineexpat » Sun, 28 May 2017 8:35 pm

Hi There, I am planning to apply for PR (after staying in this great nation for 7 years). For well explained reasons the nation is not offering as many PRs as it used to do 10 years ago, which totally makes sense. Hence the value of agencies that help in preparing the PR application is only growing. Some of them claim a 90% success rate.

1. I would like to know whether immigrationsolutions.sg, applysingapore.com etc. are genuine or they are a scam (I have seen few posts on this forum in a different context, which say they are a scam).

2. Have you had any problems?

3. Do you find them relevant and are they a good value for money?

I have a genuine application and did not want to be taken for a ride due to the situation. Thank You very much in advance.

jamie9vardy
Regular
Regular

Postby jamie9vardy » Sun, 28 May 2017 9:33 pm

genuineexpat wrote:Hi There, I am planning to apply for PR (after staying in this great nation for 7 years). For well explained reasons the nation is not offering as many PRs as it used to do 10 years ago, which totally makes sense. Hence the value of agencies that help in preparing the PR application is only growing. Some of them claim a 90% success rate.

1. I would like to know whether immigrationsolutions.sg, applysingapore.com etc. are genuine or they are a scam (I have seen few posts on this forum in a different context, which say they are a scam).

2. Have you had any problems?

3. Do you find them relevant and are they a good value for money?

I have a genuine application and did not want to be taken for a ride due to the situation. Thank You very much in advance.

Absolute waste of time and money (as you have found out from this forum).

What do they know that you don't already know? It's just form filling but they may have it typed vis a vis handwritten. Plus a cover letter that requires most, if not all, of the input from you. In addition, they can't even represent you at the interview/application submission.

They probably filter their clients as well and select those they deem to have a higher chance of success.

Maybe you wish to share your profile with this board and the regulars may provide you with some perspective.
Last edited by jamie9vardy on Sun, 28 May 2017 9:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Strong Eagle

Re: Are these genuine PR application processing agents?

Postby Strong Eagle » Sun, 28 May 2017 9:38 pm

If you can't fill out your own PR form, then you are probably not PR material.

They can offer you nothing that you cannot do for yourself.

You have to give them all the information necessary to fill out the form so why not just fill out the form yourself?

They have no special access to ICA. They cannot make anything go faster. They cannot give you any better guarantee of success that you will have filing on your own. If any agency tells you otherwise, they are lying, for it is the merits of your application, and not who filed it, that determines whether you are successful or not.

Unless you are so lazy that you cannot do your own simple research to determine the requirements to file a PR app, and want them to tell you, the agencies are a waste of money.

brian_singapore
Chatter
Chatter

Postby brian_singapore » Mon, 29 May 2017 2:33 pm

It would seem to me they only increase the time and complexity in filling out your PR application. You will still have to collect, compile and collate all of the supporting documents required. You will have to explain everything to a fairly simple minded agent who just knows how to blindly fill in the blanks. You will then have to review everything written to make sure it is correct. (and my experience is this takes more time then doing it yourself). You will still have to attend the interview where they check the application and verify your original documents yourself....

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Postby ecureilx » Mon, 29 May 2017 3:56 pm

brian_singapore wrote:It would seem to me they only increase the time and complexity in filling out your PR application. You will still have to collect, compile and collate all of the supporting documents required. You will have to explain everything to a fairly simple minded agent who just knows how to blindly fill in the blanks. You will then have to review everything written to make sure it is correct. (and my experience is this takes more time then doing it yourself). You will still have to attend the interview where they check the application and verify your original documents yourself....

Actually, ahem, if you go under GIP, very few visits to ICA were required :) Not sure if the same holds true now.

But I do agree, you need to visit them in person to submit, for any clarification etc.

So the agent is just doing form filling service

brian_singapore
Chatter
Chatter

Postby brian_singapore » Mon, 29 May 2017 4:14 pm

Not sure what GIP is....

However I did my PR application myself and it required 1 visit where they cross checked my photo-copies of documents with originals and checked the application was fully and correctly completed.

singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor

Postby singaporeflyer » Mon, 29 May 2017 5:46 pm

brian_singapore wrote:Not sure what GIP is....

However I did my PR application myself and it required 1 visit where they cross checked my photo-copies of documents with originals and checked the application was fully and correctly completed.

GIP Is Global Investor Programme, through which business people can gain PR