Singapore Expats Forum

List of Companies which sponsor for EP

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

singaporeSponsors

List of Companies which sponsor for EP

Postby singaporeSponsors » Fri, 11 Feb 2005 1:05 am

Hi all,

I was thinking we should make a single thread listing companies who sponsor applicants for Employment Passes (particularly in IT).

So, please feel free to add companies that you know of.

An Experienced EP holder

Postby An Experienced EP holder » Fri, 11 Feb 2005 11:27 am

"I was thinking we should make a single thread listing companies who sponsor applicants for Employment Passes (particularly in IT).
.."

Hi,

There no such company who just "sponsor applicants for Employment Passes ".
If any company sponsors for EP, it must be againts an employment offer. So your whole idea is meaningless.

singaporeSponsors

Postby singaporeSponsors » Sat, 12 Feb 2005 3:09 am

maybe I should have clarified myself.

Some companies, will not hire applicants that are not Singapore residents.

Other companies do. I wanted to see if we can get a list of those companies which do.

expat

Postby expat » Sat, 19 Feb 2005 9:45 pm

I think every company want to hire and retain the best brains and they simply wont make rules to sponsor EP or dont sponspor EP.

But to sponsor EP, companies have to comply with certain guidelines (immigration/labour policies I guess), and they have to prove that they have business/operational soundness/standing, locally they are unable find a best fit for the position, probably have to maintain a ratio of foreigner to local staff, and the time they have been in operations and so on so forth.

So obviously not every company can go thru such a stringent process, so they dont do it out of choice.

Practically such a list therefore is not feasible.