Singapore Expats Forum

EP Rejection

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:
Image
The Club Residences

kurtrules1
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri, 26 May 2017

Re: EP Rejection

Postby kurtrules1 » Fri, 30 Jun 2017 1:14 am

Flying back would not be a problem, however, I would ask my HR to apply for her DP. Not sure if that would go through as her EP has not been cancelled.

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9325
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Re: EP Rejection

Postby x9200 » Fri, 30 Jun 2017 4:36 am

Why the EP needs to be canceled 2 days before it expires?

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: EP Rejection

Postby ecureilx » Fri, 30 Jun 2017 10:27 am

kurtrules1 wrote:Flying back would not be a problem, however, I would ask my HR to apply for her DP. Not sure if that would go through as her EP has not been cancelled.


DP is based on your eligibility. EP is based on 'her' eligibility criteria.

Strictly speaking, should not have any issues

kurtrules1
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri, 26 May 2017

Re: EP Rejection

Postby kurtrules1 » Fri, 30 Jun 2017 1:08 pm

x9200 wrote:Why the EP needs to be canceled 2 days before it expires?


The employer requests her to stay for another week as a transition period.
Last edited by kurtrules1 on Fri, 30 Jun 2017 1:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

kurtrules1
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri, 26 May 2017

Re: EP Rejection

Postby kurtrules1 » Fri, 30 Jun 2017 1:12 pm

ecureilx wrote:
kurtrules1 wrote:Flying back would not be a problem, however, I would ask my HR to apply for her DP. Not sure if that would go through as her EP has not been cancelled.


DP is based on your eligibility. EP is based on 'her' eligibility criteria.

Strictly speaking, should not have any issues


Yes, I understand that. I am eligible. We called MOM today, and they confirmed that another SVP will be issued. But like you mentioned, it's not certain till she actually receives her SVP again!

kurtrules1
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri, 26 May 2017

Re: EP Rejection

Postby kurtrules1 » Sun, 09 Jul 2017 12:13 am

Another update - An SVP which is also an embarkation form has been issued to my wife till the 6th August after her EP was cancelled on the 7th of this month. We are planning to visit Malaysia before she relocates. I wanted to ask whether I can apply for her Malaysian visa on the SVP and also, whether it is a multiple entry visa to Singapore? Thanks..

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: EP Rejection

Postby ecureilx » Sun, 09 Jul 2017 12:45 pm

kurtrules1 wrote:Another update - An SVP which is also an embarkation form has been issued to my wife till the 6th August after her EP was cancelled on the 7th of this month. We are planning to visit Malaysia before she relocates. I wanted to ask whether I can apply for her Malaysian visa on the SVP and also, whether it is a multiple entry visa to Singapore? Thanks..

It's a single entry.

Let me PM you.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Relocating, Moving to Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests