Singapore Expats Forum

Greyhounds in Singapore

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

rei2311

Greyhounds in Singapore

Postby rei2311 » Wed, 24 May 2017 9:27 am

Hi everyone!

I am currently living in Singapore and was wondering if anyone has ever owned Greyhounds here? I understand in Singapore, large sighthounds are really rare (Greyhounds, Saluki, Borzoi etc) but I really love sighthounds, especially Greyhounds and was thinking of adopting a retired racer from Australia. I have been considering adopting a Greyhound since 2014.

If anyone could give me some information of the adoption process as an overseas adopter that would be great! Thanks (:

PNGMK
Governor
Governor

Re: Greyhounds in Singapore

Postby PNGMK » Wed, 24 May 2017 2:29 pm

I see two at the bar I frequent on Haji Lane (65 Haji Lane - "Going Om"). I think they may be whippets and I'm 99% certain they are imported (the owner is very friendly). The bar itself is an excellent hang out.
IANAL. IANACPA. IANA Teacher.
Arrested? Lawyer Up
International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
School advice? Avoid for profit schools
Tax advice? CPA
Pay me $5k for 100% success filling in PR form!

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Re: Greyhounds in Singapore

Postby Barnsley » Wed, 24 May 2017 4:25 pm

PNGMK wrote:I see two at the bar I frequent on Haji Lane (65 Haji Lane - "Going Om"). I think they may be whippets and I'm 99% certain they are imported (the owner is very friendly). The bar itself is an excellent hang out.

They are italian greyhounds or something like that , smaller than the racing types.

The owner is cool , and fair play to him for keeping the ship afloat after Shisha got banned.
Life is short, paddle harder!!