Singapore Expats

QUIT during probation

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
juann14

QUIT during probation

Post by juann14 » Sat, 20 May 2017 11:06 am

HI,

I already working in Singapore for my first job about 1 year 8months on work permit pass. Then, I got new offer for my second job in Singapore on work permit pass too and currently, working for 1 week for my second job. However, after started working I found that I don't have passion and interest in the field of my second job eventhough it related to my study. I don't want to waste my time in that company and waste their time in training me. I thinking of quitting on this coming Monday during my probation period and serve 3weeks notice. I prefer to work in a field that related in my first job.

Will it affect my status with MOM if I quit?

Please help me. What should I do.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: QUIT during probation

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 21 May 2017 9:40 am

Quit but serve out the notice that is required. If they should offer you shorter notice it might be beneficial to accept short notice as well but it would be up to them to offer it because if you offer it, they would require you to pay salary in lieu of notice but if short notice is agreeable to both parties then you might consider it.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

terralovina

Post by terralovina » Wed, 24 May 2017 5:08 pm

I have an ex colleague (S-Pass, she is from Thailand), who quited 1 week right after she started working in my company. She went back to her previous job and had no complication on her s-pass. I still bumped into her from time to time because her office happens to be near mine. I happened to ask her one time.

Hexor

Post by Hexor » Wed, 14 Jun 2017 11:20 am

Generally, switching jobs doesn't really affect your MOM work pass applications.

However, each time you apply is subjected to approval. If you're not aiming for EP, work pass should be easily attainable when you have a valid job offer.

But in order to apply for a new work pass, your current employer have to cancel your current work pass before your next employer can apply it for you. So it's important to end your current job in a good term, just in case your boss tries to be a d*ck and don't wanna cancel it.

Anyway, you should always serve your notice period even if you find it not suitable. Tell your boss that you are leaving and if there's anything you can do to smooth out the transition process.