Singapore Expats

BRITISH PARTICIPANTS NEEDED FOR DISSERTATION PROJECT!

Post here for survey, questionnaire or poll for our expat members.
kananomoto

BRITISH PARTICIPANTS NEEDED FOR DISSERTATION PROJECT!

Post by kananomoto » Sat, 13 May 2017 11:46 pm

If you are, or know someone that is a British citizen and currently living in Singapore please read further…

For my University dissertation project I am looking for people of British nationality (who have lived in Britain before) to interview as part of my research.

The project is about the identity formation of British expatriates living in Singapore. It aims to find out more about the daily lives of British people and whether their experiences of living in Singapore are influenced by the historical background of Singapore formerly being part of the British colony. The research will hopefully explore various aspects of your life: whether any parts of Singapore remind you of being in the U.K. and about the interactions you have with locals and other expats living in Singapore.

In brief, your participation will involve taking part in one individual interview and one group interview (with the other participants), which I will lead during July and August of this year (exact dates will be arranged according to your availability). The interviews will be informal and I expect them to be more of a fun conversation about your general experience of living in Singapore, which I’m sure will generate some interesting thoughts for us both.

This is not only an important part of my degree but a project I am very excited to start, but it can only be possible with your help!

So if this sounds like something you are interested in, or would like further information, please do not hesitate to contact me at: [email protected]

It would also be greatly appreciated if you could spread the word to any friends or colleagues that live in Singapore who you think may be interested.

Many thanks,
Kana