Singapore Expats

PR rejection 2017

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
nightingale_91

PR rejection 2017

Post by nightingale_91 » Fri, 12 May 2017 12:11 pm

Hi everyone,

I just received rejection letter from ICA yesterday. It did not mention when would I re apply. It just said "You may continue to work..." and I know that I am not welcomed here as PR.

Just a little bit about my application. I applied with my husband, and I am the main applicant.

My profile: 25 years old Vietnamese. Master degree in IT field at NUS. Working at A*STAR as a research engineer since July 2015, earning about 4k SGD a month (not include bonus). I am currently involved with a government-based project.

My husband's profile: 25 years old Vietnamese. Also Master degree in IT at NUS. Working at a SME (local) IT company as a software engineer. He earns about 4k SGD a month (not include bonus). He also takes charge in some government-based projects.

We both came here since December 2013. And in our application we both have reference letters from our boss, as well as other certificates in IT areas.

And after 5 months waiting we were rejected.

First, it was my boss's idea to encourage me to apply for PR, because the upcoming phase of the project requires PR employees to do it, and all my Singaporean colleagues also said that it should be fine. So I listened to them and apply. My EP was just renewed until 2020. But by the time I applied for PR, my EP was about to expired.

Should I write them an appeal letter to add my new EP and tell them the whole story? Which means which project I'm working on, and how it affects the company?

Please, I need help.

bcheng74
Chatter
Chatter

PR rejection 2017

Post by bcheng74 » Fri, 12 May 2017 12:19 pm

If you appeal to ICA citing the reason that your company needs a PR to work on some project, very likely you will be rejected again. This is a wrong reason to apply PR.

Also I think that ICA would have already known about your renewed EP during the assessment.

Unless you have some material difference in your circumstance, such as new job, new family member, new certification, new salary, etc, your chance of a successful appeal may be low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nightingale_91

Re: PR rejection 2017

Post by nightingale_91 » Fri, 12 May 2017 12:25 pm

bcheng74 wrote:If you appeal to ICA citing the reason that your company needs a PR to work on some project, very likely you will be rejected again. This is a wrong reason to apply PR.

Also I think that ICA would have already known about your renewed EP during the assessment.

Unless you have some material difference in your circumstance, such as new job, new family member, new certification, new salary, etc, your chance of a successful appeal may be low.

Thanks for your help. Of course, besides, I like to settle down here and I like Singapore. The government gave me a chance to study here, to work here and I'm very grateful for that.

For the "company needs PR" part, that means, at first I thought It was too early to apply for PR, but then my boss said that I should get one soon before the project started, so that's why. My early intention was to wait for one or two more years, get more certificates, have some achievements, and then apply.

bcheng74
Chatter
Chatter

Post by bcheng74 » Fri, 12 May 2017 12:26 pm

So you may need to stay longer before reapplying....

Dolphin1986

Post by Dolphin1986 » Mon, 05 Jun 2017 9:18 pm

I think with your qualifications and income stand better chance than most of us. Nus master degree holder ; let's don't talk about your expertise Wether demanding in Singapore.
The rejected reason I could think is that you didn't fulfil 3 years of iras taxes document proven

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Dolphin1986

Post by Dolphin1986 » Mon, 05 Jun 2017 9:19 pm

Have you try to reapply ?

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk