Singapore Expats

35M & 34F Couple with Baby moving end of June

New here? Don't be shy. Introduce yourself here and expand your social network!
Fontz

35M & 34F Couple with Baby moving end of June

Post by Fontz » Wed, 10 May 2017 6:38 pm

Hi All,

My wife (34), baby daughter (8.5months) and I (35) have decided to mix things up and head to SG at the end of June to start a new adventure! Having previously relocated to the UK, we are confident in the moving process itself, but are certainly keen to make some new friends when we land to have a few drinks and laughs with and also meet some friends for baby Michaela too :-)

As I will be working predominantly from Paya Lebar, we have chosen an apartment in Tanah Merah (close to work and airport) so would be keen to hear any recommendations for good restaurants, some bars and also a massage therapist as my wife is devastated to leave hers here in Oz.

We are obviously interested to catch up with people who may reside in this neck of the woods..my wife isn't working so she would be keen on finding other mum's to do something during the day, and I'm always keen on catching a game and a beer! Being from Australia (Brisbane) we consider travelling 20-30mins on public transport not a big deal at all, so keen to hear from anyone within reasonable commute who is of a similar ilk:-)

My wife and I love to travel, eat out, and try new things...people said that having a baby would change this but so far we've found it has only changed out bank account! hahaha.

Can't wait to land 'in country' and look forward to making new friends!