Singapore Expats

Eligibility for Singapore PR

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Sim30

Eligibility for Singapore PR

Post by Sim30 » Fri, 05 May 2017 2:09 pm

Hello Guys,

I have been following this forum for quite some time but this is my first post !

It is quite difficult to evaluate PR chances these days.
Can you please help me or guide me if this is the right time i should apply for the Singapore PR
1. I am an Indian
2. Got married in 2015
3. Age is 30
4. Female
5.I have IT work experience
6. Currently working for a real estate company which is a local company.
7. I never applied for PR and working on EP Pass.
8. I have local Singaporean friends who are working in IT , few are doctors here, know few who have been into some good position in Singapore . (Will the recommendation letter given by them work for me.
9. Salary not more than 8K/month
Few of my office mates (Singaporeans) told me that i should go ahead and apply for the PR for Singapore).They suggested me that Females getting PR have less chances after age 30. Secondly if you work for some local companies here in Singapore will have some % of chances for consideration. And the time spent is not more than 2yrs can always try.
I have read the post on this forum and the post are opposite of what information i have.
Just want some feedback and suggestions.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Eligibility for Singapore PR

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 05 May 2017 2:41 pm

Sim30 wrote:Hello Guys,

I have been following this forum for quite some time but this is my first post !

Can you please help me or guide me if this is the right time i should apply for the Singapore PR
1. I am an Indian
2. Got married in 2015
3. Age is 30
4. Female
8. I have local Singaporean friends who are working in IT , few are doctors here, know few who have been into some good position in Singapore . (Will the recommendation letter given by them work for me.
Few of my office mates (Singaporeans) told me that i should go ahead and apply for the PR for Singapore).They suggested me that Females getting PR have less chances after age 30. Secondly if you work for some local companies here in Singapore will have some % of chances for consideration. And the time spent is not more than 2yrs can always try.
I have read the post on this forum and the post are opposite of what information i have.
For 8, no comments

For above 30 - less chance, again no comments.

You wont even get a chance if you don't apply !

bro75
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by bro75 » Fri, 05 May 2017 2:43 pm

You are eligible to apply for PR if you are on an employment pass under the PTS scheme.

It is difficult to gauge the chance of approval because the approval criteria is unknown to the public.

But based on anecdotal evidence, there is less chances of approval at this time if your nationality is not Malaysian. But the following may help increase your chances
- having a longer stay in Singapore with the ability to support oneself/family.
- in a profession that is considered critical to Singapore's development goals. (I think being a general IT professional is not one of them but an exception could be made if you are an expert in a niche area.)

There are people who are not Malaysian, who are not experts in their field and who are not very rich, but have been approved for PR, so there is always a chance if you try.

I do not know if letters of recommendation still have any effect on PR approvals. It probably depends on who wrote those letters.

Sim30

Post by Sim30 » Fri, 05 May 2017 3:23 pm

Thank you so much for the suggestions

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 05 May 2017 4:35 pm

Sim30 wrote:Hello Guys,

1. I am an Indian
2. Got married in 2015
3. Age is 30
4. Female
If your length of stay is just 2 years and based on your item 1, chance is going to be very less.

If you are married, does it mean you are going to apply as a family?

Sim30

Post by Sim30 » Mon, 08 May 2017 10:26 am

Yes Married, So will have to enter his details too.
His profession is much into Trading and closely working with traders.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 08 May 2017 11:00 am

Sim30 wrote:Yes Married, So will have to enter his details too.
His profession is much into Trading and closely working with traders.
Entering his details in the Application and including him in the PR application is different.

Sim30

Post by Sim30 » Mon, 08 May 2017 4:15 pm

Going to apply as a family.