Singapore Expats

SIA Flight Crew - Rejection after passing Interview and Medical

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
absente

SIA Flight Crew - Rejection after passing Interview and Medical

Post by absente » Thu, 04 May 2017 4:35 pm

Hi,

a close person to me passed the interview rounds (in a foreign country) and the health check for Cabin Crew at SIA, but got rejected (by letter) after submitting the notarially legalized documents about her education. She does hold an University degree and we are not quite sure what the reason for her rejection is.

What makes me wonder is that she passed everything and it just doesn't make any sense. What could have gone wrong at this stage? Needless to say that she is very surprised and 'down' after waiting for almost a year and SIA will probably not give her the reasons.

Best Regards,
G.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: SIA Flight Crew - Rejection after passing Interview and Medical

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 04 May 2017 8:36 pm

absente wrote:Hi,

a close person to me passed the interview rounds (in a foreign country) and the health check for Cabin Crew at SIA, but got rejected (by letter) after submitting the notarially legalized documents about her education. She does hold an University degree and we are not quite sure what the reason for her rejection is.

What makes me wonder is that she passed everything and it just doesn't make any sense. What could have gone wrong at this stage? Needless to say that she is very surprised and 'down' after waiting for almost a year and SIA will probably not give her the reasons.

Best Regards,
G.
Nothing to do with her, more to do with business cycles. SIA are cutting back on crew I believe.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!