Singapore Expats Forum

VISA Options to stay in singapore

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:
Image
The Club Residences

varun89
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon, 03 Apr 2017

VISA Options to stay in singapore

Postby varun89 » Wed, 03 May 2017 4:54 pm

Hello, I am in singapore for last one month with tourist visa extended, I made a quick analysis on the VISA option to stay longer in Singapore and Here is My option, I want you to guide in choose right one and cons/pros of each.

Option-1 : Setting up a company and Applying EP, This is going to take and I was advised to put $50k in singapore Bank account for more success rate and going to take 3 months atleast. So I prefer to choose as last option.

Option-2 : Getting a EP/WP from a employer with whom I am actually not going to work or Work one day a week, I am even ready to pay the employer everymonth for this, may be this looks illegal, but if this can work, how to find such employer?

Option-3 : Getting a MAID visa with the help of a Friend, Will this work, if I am ready to deposit money in security and give monthly payment to a Sponsor , May be this looks illegal, but will this work out?

Option-4 : if I buy a Restaurant or shop or some office here in Singapore, Will it get me a VISA? I am ready to invest something if I can get a VISA.

I would need your idea/input and if anyone is interested in offering any solution, I am open to it.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1694
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Re: VISA Options to stay in singapore

Postby singaporeflyer » Wed, 03 May 2017 5:24 pm

varun89 wrote:Hello, I am in singapore for last one month with tourist visa extended, I made a quick analysis on the VISA option to stay longer in Singapore and Here is My option, I want you to guide in choose right one and cons/pros of each.

Option-1 : Setting up a company and Applying EP, This is going to take and I was advised to put $50k in singapore Bank account for more success rate and going to take 3 months atleast. So I prefer to choose as last option.

Option-2 : Getting a EP/WP from a employer with whom I am actually not going to work or Work one day a week, I am even ready to pay the employer everymonth for this, may be this looks illegal, but if this can work, how to find such employer?

Option-3 : Getting a MAID visa with the help of a Friend, Will this work, if I am ready to deposit money in security and give monthly payment to a Sponsor , May be this looks illegal, but will this work out?

Option-4 : if I buy a Restaurant or shop or some office here in Singapore, Will it get me a VISA? I am ready to invest something if I can get a VISA.

I would need your idea/input and if anyone is interested in offering any solution, I am open to it.


What is the reason that you want to stay in Singapore? Option 2,3 and 4 will surely not work.

varun89
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon, 03 Apr 2017

Re: VISA Options to stay in singapore

Postby varun89 » Wed, 03 May 2017 5:43 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:What is the reason that you want to stay in Singapore? Option 2,3 and 4 will surely not work.

I have a girl friend here who works with EP, Just want to stay for 6 months here.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1694
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Re: VISA Options to stay in singapore

Postby singaporeflyer » Wed, 03 May 2017 5:49 pm

varun89 wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:What is the reason that you want to stay in Singapore? Option 2,3 and 4 will surely not work.

I have a girl friend here who works with EP, Just want to stay for 6 months here.


Find a job and ask the employer to ask for an EP. There are no other options.

Else, get married and if your GF earns more than 5000 SGD, she can apply for Dependant Pass for you.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35514
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: VISA Options to stay in singapore

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 03 May 2017 5:55 pm

We do not condone nor dispense nor agree with illegal activities on this forum.

moderator

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 11353
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Re: VISA Options to stay in singapore

Postby Strong Eagle » Wed, 03 May 2017 11:00 pm

varun89 wrote:Hello, I am in singapore for last one month with tourist visa extended, I made a quick analysis on the VISA option to stay longer in Singapore and Here is My option, I want you to guide in choose right one and cons/pros of each.

Option-1 : Setting up a company and Applying EP, This is going to take and I was advised to put $50k in singapore Bank account for more success rate and going to take 3 months atleast. So I prefer to choose as last option.


You better have a real business and a real business plan, or you'll never get an EP. It is scammers such as you that have made it far more difficult for legitimate business people to get started in Singapore.

Option-2 : Getting a EP/WP from a employer with whom I am actually not going to work or Work one day a week, I am even ready to pay the employer everymonth for this, may be this looks illegal, but if this can work, how to find such employer?


Why would any employer risk undertaking an illegal activity just so you can come and visit in Singapore?

Option-3 : Getting a MAID visa with the help of a Friend, Will this work, if I am ready to deposit money in security and give monthly payment to a Sponsor , May be this looks illegal, but will this work out?


Trying to scam the system again, are you?

Option-4 : if I buy a Restaurant or shop or some office here in Singapore, Will it get me a VISA? I am ready to invest something if I can get a VISA.

I would need your idea/input and if anyone is interested in offering any solution, I am open to it.


You can buy a restaurant or shop or office but, as above, you better have a business plan and be prepared to run a business.

The Singapore government works hard to prevent scammers like you from gaining entry into the country. And a lot of other foreigners, whose task to get into the country legitimately are now much more difficult because of scammers like you, really would like for you to just go away.

varun89
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon, 03 Apr 2017

Re: VISA Options to stay in singapore

Postby varun89 » Wed, 03 May 2017 11:57 pm

Hello,
I have asked the options and I am in a legal stay in Singapore, I prefer option-1 which is legitimate but it takes time,So I was asking other options that does not means that I am a scammer and I have never had a wish for illegal. I asked if which would be Correct, I didnt ask the government I asked the community who can correct me if I am wrong. You have used much hard words.
I am really worried that you mention me as a scammer which I never want to be.

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 11353
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Re: VISA Options to stay in singapore

Postby Strong Eagle » Thu, 04 May 2017 12:27 am

varun89 wrote:Hello,
I have asked the options and I am in a legal stay in Singapore, I prefer option-1 which is legitimate but it takes time,So I was asking other options that does not means that I am a scammer and I have never had a wish for illegal. I asked if which would be Correct, I didnt ask the government I asked the community who can correct me if I am wrong. You have used much hard words.
I am really worried that you mention me as a scammer which I never want to be.


Every option you mentioned is a scam.

Option 1 - You don't really want to start a business, you just want a pass that lets you stay in Singapore.

Option 2 - You don't really want a job, you just want a pass that lets you stay in Singapore.

Option 3 - You don't really want to be a maid, you just want a pass that lets you stay in Singapore.

Option 4 - You don't really want to run a restaurant, or manage a shop or manage an office building, you just want a pass that lets you stay in Singapore.

If that isn't a scam, I don't know what is. You want a pass to stay with your girlfriend but Singapore doesn't allow that.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9811
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: VISA Options to stay in singapore

Postby ecureilx » Thu, 04 May 2017 10:49 am

varun89 wrote:Hello,
I have asked the options and I am in a legal stay in Singapore, I prefer option-1 which is legitimate but it takes time,So I was asking other options that does not means that I am a scammer and I have never had a wish for illegal. I asked if which would be Correct, I didnt ask the government I asked the community who can correct me if I am wrong. You have used much hard words.
I am really worried that you mention me as a scammer which I never want to be.


When you throw suggestions and options that are either not legal or grey area, and also indicating you know it could be illegal .. and insist you are not a scammer - :D

I am speechless ! Especially Options 2 and 3, which are clear cut ILLEGAL ! You don't need to be a scientist to know that.

Oh, how much investment are you planning ? About 1 million $ ?

bgd
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1440
Joined: Wed, 25 Jul 2007

Re: VISA Options to stay in singapore

Postby bgd » Thu, 04 May 2017 12:19 pm

I must say that Option 3 is creative, especially if you are male? Not many positions for male maids here. I recall SMS losing a beer on the fact that there are some exceptions but very specialized.

If you're female then the option is a little more common, but you could be setting your friend up for a big fall if you get caught, because as mentioned it is illegal.

To be honest I don't think you are going to last long here, Sg is pretty smart at looking after its borders and all of these tricks have been tried before.

Why not explore places like Batam or Malaysia and have your gf visit - that's better than getting an indefinite ban.

User avatar
PNGMK
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6053
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013
Location: Sinkapore

Re: VISA Options to stay in singapore

Postby PNGMK » Thu, 04 May 2017 1:50 pm

bgd wrote:I must say that Option 3 is creative, especially if you are male? Not many positions for male maids here. I recall SMS losing a beer on the fact that there are some exceptions but very specialized.

If you're female then the option is a little more common, but you could be setting your friend up for a big fall if you get caught, because as mentioned it is illegal.

To be honest I don't think you are going to last long here, Sg is pretty smart at looking after its borders and all of these tricks have been tried before.

Why not explore places like Batam or Malaysia and have your gf visit - that's better than getting an indefinite ban.



Good advise there OP.
IANAL. IANACPA. IANA Teacher.
Arrested? Lawyer Up
International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
School advice? Avoid for profit schools
Tax advice? CPA
Pay me $5k for 100% success filling in PR form!


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Relocating, Moving to Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests