Singapore Expats

need to find my FIN... pls help!

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
giantbok

Re: need to find my FIN... pls help!

Post by giantbok » Mon, 11 Sep 2017 11:33 am

Bank records may have.

cuonglv

Post by cuonglv » Mon, 11 Sep 2017 11:38 am

giantbok wrote:Bank records may have.
I were checked with OCBC, they need passport only to register . POSB/DBS I don't know :( :( :(

Mmouse795

Post by Mmouse795 » Mon, 19 Mar 2018 7:25 pm

Hi has anyone had the problem solved and can share the experience because I'm currently having the same problem that I don't have the FIN of my 23 years ago student's pass.
I'm in the migration process to the United States and the US immigration demands that the COC is a must.
Very stressful.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 19 Mar 2018 8:12 pm

Mmouse795 wrote:Hi has anyone had the problem solved and can share the experience because I'm currently having the same problem that I don't have the FIN of my 23 years ago student's pass.
I'm in the migration process to the United States and the US immigration demands that the COC is a must.
Very stressful.
Your university here should know.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

Mmouse795

Post by Mmouse795 » Mon, 19 Mar 2018 8:19 pm

PNGMK wrote:
Mmouse795 wrote:Hi has anyone had the problem solved and can share the experience because I'm currently having the same problem that I don't have the FIN of my 23 years ago student's pass.
Very stressful.
I have contacted them, they said the record is no longer available after 5 years. My student's pass was issued in 1995 (23 years ago).
Please anyone help how to get the FIN retrieved.

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 19 Mar 2018 8:48 pm

Mmouse795 wrote:
PNGMK wrote:
Very stressful.
I have contacted them, they said the record is no longer available after 5 years. My student's pass was issued in 1995 (23 years ago).
You'll need help from ICA. That's all I can say. I'm a bit surprised your academic records don't show it... have you checked your transcripts?

Mmouse795

Post by Mmouse795 » Mon, 19 Mar 2018 9:06 pm

I attended two brief courses in Singapore at that time i.e. 6 months english course and 6 months secretarial course and it was from July 1995 to August 1996. I only had certificates from those courses and nothing like Student's Pass information stated there.

It is really unbelievable that they want student visa number from 23 years ago.

I read many advices refers to ICA but I have not heard anyone was success to get help from ICA.
I'm confused if I have to fly to Singapore.

Without the COC, the US Immigration will not grant my immigrant visa. :???:

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Mon, 19 Mar 2018 9:12 pm

Mmouse795 wrote:I attended two brief courses in Singapore at that time i.e. 6 months english course and 6 months secretarial course and it was from July 1995 to August 1996. I only had certificates from those courses and nothing like Student's Pass information stated there.

It is really unbelievable that they want student visa number from 23 years ago.

I read many advices refers to ICA but I have not heard anyone was success to get help from ICA.
I'm confused if I have to fly to Singapore.

Without the COC, the US Immigration will not grant my immigrant visa. :???:
What about old rental agreements? Or utility bills? Or a phone bill? Singapore companies often used FIN for ID, and many landlords keep records forever. Otherwise, make up a number, if anyone actually searches for it, tell them you got the number from memory.

You can thank Donald Trump for your problems.

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 19 Mar 2018 9:19 pm

Mmouse795 wrote:
PNGMK wrote:
Very stressful.
IS the problem that you need a Criminal Clearance certificate from Singapore and to do that you need a FIN? If that is the case, tell the police you don't recall your FIN.

beedao
Regular
Regular

Post by beedao » Thu, 22 Mar 2018 11:57 am

I have a uni classmate who is applying for an Australian immigrant visa (he has been living in Australia for a while now under work visa), the immigration department requests him to provide a police report certifying he didnt have any criminal record while he was staying in Singapore since 2005, he moved out of Singapore in 2008 after he graduated from the uni.

He personally flied over to Singapore to do the police report but the police wouldn’t issue it to him without having his student FIN number. He never worked here, so he cant check with MOM, he did ask the uni but unfortunately they didn’t keep the record. He didn’t sign any rental agreement or telco line because he was using his sister’s name to do it since she was a PR then. So he went to ICA to request it by providing all the passport info to them, the ICA officers told him they cant release it because apparently they reuse the foreign students’ FIN numbers, his FIN number now belongs to someone else and its confidential to give it out to him again although it was his previously.

He’s back to square one, if anyone has a more creative idea, pls share lol

Perhaps it’s guys' habit that they don’t keep stuff? I still have a copy of my student pass in my email, my student FIN number is in my mind forever it seems lol
Last edited by beedao on Mon, 26 Mar 2018 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dream what you want to dream; Go where you want to go; Be what you want to be; Because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do!

beedao
Regular
Regular

Post by beedao » Thu, 22 Mar 2018 12:01 pm

Unfortunately the police only will give them a report if they can provide their FIN, which is a proof that they had stayed here before.
PNGMK wrote:
Mmouse795 wrote:
PNGMK wrote:
IS the problem that you need a Criminal Clearance certificate from Singapore and to do that you need a FIN? If that is the case, tell the police you don't recall your FIN.
Dream what you want to dream; Go where you want to go; Be what you want to be; Because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do!

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 22 Mar 2018 12:24 pm

cuonglv wrote:Hi every body
I have the same issued . Couldn't apply COC without FIN number . I plan come to ICA inperson to request. But ICA replied me in email that they were unable to disclose the information whether it is requested personally or via email.Any body success to request in person.
Can you check your old passports? Usually they used to stamp and right down the FIN Number next to the stamping.

nuddle

Post by nuddle » Wed, 30 May 2018 6:12 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
cuonglv wrote:Hi every body
I have the same issued . Couldn't apply COC without FIN number . I plan come to ICA inperson to request. But ICA replied me in email that they were unable to disclose the information whether it is requested personally or via email.Any body success to request in person.
Can you check your old passports? Usually they used to stamp and right down the FIN Number next to the stamping.
My dependants pass has some numbers scribbled next to it, but nothing that makes sense or can be deciphered

blaxsnake

Post by blaxsnake » Wed, 30 May 2018 7:41 pm

try to dig into your email. im quite sure its still there
like my case on my email, i normally send my assignment/project or whatever school related and we always have to put our FIN no inside it.. dont you have any of that??

Gsdhillon

Post by Gsdhillon » Sat, 08 May 2021 4:42 am

My husband went to Singapore in 2013 on work permit and lived there for one year.. now we are in Canada and need Singapore police clearance for Canada immigration.. but he doesn’t have FIN number. He has only stamp on his passport. Can anyone help me to get his FIN number.