Singapore Expats

Waiting outcome for Citizenship Application....

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
CIA_crypto
Regular
Regular

Waiting outcome for Citizenship Application....

Post by CIA_crypto » Tue, 02 May 2017 12:48 pm

Dear All,

Long time not with this forum and sharing my last application :)
We are family of 5, all are Singapore PR. Both are working full-time in Singapore and family income is SGD 120,000 annual. Race: Chinese , Elder daughter 8 years old P2 student at local school; Two boys: 5 years old boy attending K1; and 7 months old boy. Elder daughter was born in UK and the youngest two sons were born in Singapore.

First we family of 4 person got PR in late 2012 under my sponsor and the youngest son got his PR within 3 months in Dec 2016 by my sponsor too. We bought 5 rooms HDB flat in End of 2015. Now we have 1 helper to look after our children.

We went to ICA to apply SG citizenship in March 2016 and got the appointment date second week of November 2016. So family of 5 applied SG Citizenship in November 2016 by my sponsor and still waiting for the outcome. Now nearly 6 months waiting..... The officer told us , it will take 6 to 12 months . If the outcome is not yet out then we will renew our REP in August 2017.

Any advice base on my family profile as above?

Thank you in Advance!

ping_pong

Re: Waiting outcome for Citizenship Application....

Post by ping_pong » Tue, 02 May 2017 3:06 pm

I think your profile ticks almost if not all the boxes it seems so chances should be high. However, ica applications in general are "submit it then forget it" so whatever you need to do (REP renewal...) just go ahead and do it

ping_pong

Post by ping_pong » Sun, 07 May 2017 7:10 pm

Don't know where best to post and don't want to create a new thread so I'm just gonna share it here, a bit relevant anyway

Just came across a guy, from china, single, 25 years old, working at a hawker, the kind of ananas cafe selling chicken rice at 2.5 bucks a dish. Apparently he just got citizenship recently. So im not very sure whats going on... This may be just an outlier or there's some special reason i dont know of... Just take it as for your info.

ping_pong

Post by ping_pong » Mon, 22 May 2017 4:38 pm

Hi all, and OP, I guess it's time I return the favour, giving my story as another reference point for those who come after. Also my profile is similar to OP's so I'm posting here, sorry for "hijacking" your thread :-)

Just got AIP for our SC application.
Applied online Mar 2016
Interview (document submission) Sep 2016
AIP May 2017

At time of application our family has got 3 members, me and my wife both PR, daughter on LTVP. We got a baby late 2016 and early 2017 ICA asked if we wanted to include the baby into the family application and we said yes. AIP is for all 4 of us now.

Multiple trips to ICA during this period (Mar 2016 to May 2017) to provide additional supporting docs (our own initiative) and also to apply for our kids' PR, and LTVP... basically visiting floors 4 5 and 6 every now and then.

Race: ASEAN, exact race preferred not to say (not one of the major races)
Edu:
- Myself: Bachelors in NTU, Masters in NUS
- My wife: Masters in NTU
PR since 2008 (myself) and 2009 (my wife)
Family income: 120K SGD
Reside in a mortgaged HDB (bought in 2012)
Children: 2 daughters, both born and raised in Singapore, on LTVP before AIP

I'm not sure what worked for our case, but I guess besides showing all that you can, in terms of documentation certificate qualification and community involvement, to strengthen your case, luck plays a big part. I wish success to all of you who really have a heart for this land and truly want to make it your home.

Cheers

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Tue, 23 May 2017 5:23 pm

My Colleague from China just got his online IPA for becoming a Citizen.

He is 30 , married , his wife back in China having their baby , she is waiting on PR approval.

I would say he is on maybe $3500/month

He took 6 goes to get his PR and I am fairly sure he hasn't even had one PR renewal , if he has it was earlier this year.
Life is short, paddle harder!!

RyanLee101

Post by RyanLee101 » Wed, 28 Jun 2017 7:13 pm

@ping_pong
I just recently received our AIP letters (for my wife & myself only). We applied as a family with 4kids. I called ICA and asked for my kids' application status. ICA told me that their application is considered approved as well, however they won't receive a separate AIP letter. Is it the same case for your kids? Did you receive a separate AIP for your kids? Thanks

CIA_crypto
Regular
Regular

Post by CIA_crypto » Mon, 19 Mar 2018 3:26 pm

Dear All,

So far more than 1 year and 4 months, still pending for citizenship application. Are there anyone still waiting for outcome as long as my case since Nov 2016?

Thank you

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 19 Mar 2018 11:50 pm

I remember one of 18 months and another of 22 months. one accepted, one rejected, but don't remember which was which. been a couple of years ago. 2 or 3 I think.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

tsq

Post by tsq » Wed, 21 Mar 2018 12:20 pm

I just applied for SC after 2 years EP+15 yrs PR here. Everyone tells me I hv a good chance getting it but well, one will never know so hopefully all goes well and they won't call me back for more documents (I did not submit my high school leaving cert as I lost it)

Education:
> Myself: Bachelors from Australia
> Wife: Masters from Australia (Wife not working now)
Family income: 180K/yr SGD
I got no liabilities at all, except credit cards lah, but its settled promptly.
Reside in a fully paid condo and another fully paid condo which is rented out now (But both under BVI company that I hv, not sure ICA will be able to trace or not)
Children 2, born in Singapore.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 21 Mar 2018 12:33 pm

Are both children PRs? If so, probably a decent chance. I think 45 is the trigger year where trying to get SC starts to get a little bit harder, but with 15 years as a PR, they might look sideways at that, wondering why so long before applying. I still feel, if the children are PRs, you odds are pretty good though.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

tsq

Post by tsq » Wed, 21 Mar 2018 3:27 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Are both children PRs? If so, probably a decent chance. I think 45 is the trigger year where trying to get SC starts to get a little bit harder, but with 15 years as a PR, they might look sideways at that, wondering why so long before applying. I still feel, if the children are PRs, you odds are pretty good though.
Yes, both kids are PR (PR dependent on me) since birth. Both are born in Singapore.

The reason why it took me so long to decide is... well,when I'm at younger age I didn't really chase after the benefit of being a citizen (such as HDB, medical benefit, etc.etc), however now that I start to realize my kids will be growing up in Singapore I feel they are pretty much rooted down in this country. I do not foresee them going to any other country anytime soon... therefore it's better to settle down with a proper identity and let them proudly call Singapore home.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 23 Mar 2018 10:14 am

Don't do what I did. I've been a PR for a quarter of a century. Now I'm 70 and there is no way I'll ever get SC now as I more likely to become a liability to Singapore than continuing to be an asset. Wife and kids are all citizens. Sunk. Actually never intended to stay this long but it seems that one year just rolled into another and now I've been here over half my life! 35 in the US and 35 here. :o

tsq

Post by tsq » Fri, 23 Mar 2018 12:15 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Don't do what I did. I've been a PR for a quarter of a century. Now I'm 70 and there is no way I'll ever get SC now as I more likely to become a liability to Singapore than continuing to be an asset. Wife and kids are all citizens. Sunk. Actually never intended to stay this long but it seems that one year just rolled into another and now I've been here over half my life! 35 in the US and 35 here. :o
Funny that you mentioned this,as i asked few converted SC where most converted ard age 45-55 and all said the same that they shld had converted earlier than later. Many also never expect to live in Singapore that long, but I guess one year after another + kids & frens being here so ultimately one will be naturalized in Singapore.

So to all who are waiting for their SC... all the best!

ddoshi

Post by ddoshi » Wed, 28 Mar 2018 10:38 am

Hi Guys,

Wondering if any of u hv had any success / recent experience with the citizenship approval.
I had applied in Aug 2017 , me & wife and Kid Pr for 9 yrs but hvnt heard back yet.

Thks.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 28 Mar 2018 11:46 am

ddoshi wrote:Hi Guys,

Wondering if any of u hv had any success / recent experience with the citizenship approval.
I had applied in Aug 2017 , me & wife and Kid Pr for 9 yrs but hvnt heard back yet.

Thks.
Too early for you to expect a reply. I applied in Dec 2017 and got the IPA in Feb 2018. Roughly it took 14 months.