Singapore Expats

Waiting outcome for Citizenship Application....

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
ddoshi

Re: Waiting outcome for Citizenship Application....

Post by ddoshi » Wed, 28 Mar 2018 12:06 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
ddoshi wrote:Hi Guys,

Wondering if any of u hv had any success / recent experience with the citizenship approval.
I had applied in Aug 2017 , me & wife and Kid Pr for 9 yrs but hvnt heard back yet.

Thks.
Too early for you to expect a reply. I applied in Dec 2017 and got the IPA in Feb 2018. Roughly it took 14 months.
thks a lot for your prompt reply , I am gonna forget abt the application and focus on other stuff :D

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 02 Apr 2018 12:04 pm

CIA_crypto wrote:Dear All,

So far more than 1 year and 4 months, still pending for citizenship application. Are there anyone still waiting for outcome as long as my case since Nov 2016?

Thank you
What happened to your application? Any updates?

CIA_crypto
Regular
Regular

Post by CIA_crypto » Thu, 17 May 2018 8:28 pm

Dear All,

Thank you everyone for sharing their knowledge and experience with us.
Good news, today received SC AIP letters by post after exactly 18 months time. At the moment, inquiry shown still pending..... :)

Now we (Family of 5) are ready to prepare for SC journey......and proud to be call our new home as Singapore.

Thank you
Best Regards,

James

CIA_crypto
Regular
Regular

Post by CIA_crypto » Thu, 17 May 2018 8:28 pm

Dear All,

Good news, today received SC AIP letters by post after exactly 18 months time. At the moment, inquiry shown still pending..... :)

Now we (Family of 5) are ready to prepare for SC journey......and proud to be call our new home as Singapore.

Thank you
Best Regards,

James

worldcitizen

Post by worldcitizen » Fri, 18 May 2018 12:39 pm

Congrats and guess it's worth the wait.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 18 May 2018 1:11 pm

CIA_crypto wrote:Dear All,

Thank you
Best Regards,

James
Congratulations, James & Family. Long wait. Hope it was worth it, but only time will tell. :cool:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

shuigao

Post by shuigao » Sun, 03 Nov 2019 4:53 pm

Does anyone know how long it usually takes for approval for sponsoring your child's citizenship? Wife and I are both new citizens, our son was born after we got our AIP but before we managed to complete our SG journey and take oath.
shuigao's travel & food blog http://look-see-eat.blogspot.com/

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Sun, 03 Nov 2019 5:05 pm

shuigao wrote:
Sun, 03 Nov 2019 4:53 pm
Does anyone know how long it usually takes for approval for sponsoring your child's citizenship? Wife and I are both new citizens, our son was born after we got our AIP but before we managed to complete our SG journey and take oath.
1-6 months. What is the rush?

shuigao

Post by shuigao » Sun, 03 Nov 2019 5:44 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Sun, 03 Nov 2019 5:05 pm
My baby had a very difficult first month so with all the stuff going on, I didn't actually get a chance to register him at my old country's high commission before renouncing my citizenship*. So he actually is stateless and needing to renew his special pass every month :(

[edit] * I called up ICA and was told over the phone by some lady and was told that this is OK, but I didn’t get any written confirmation or even her name so ... hopefully this gap doesn’t come back and bite me in the ass.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Sun, 03 Nov 2019 7:03 pm

shuigao wrote:
Sun, 03 Nov 2019 5:44 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
Sun, 03 Nov 2019 5:05 pm
My baby had a very difficult first month so with all the stuff going on, I didn't actually get a chance to register him at my old country's high commission before renouncing my citizenship*. So he actually is stateless and needing to renew his special pass every month :(

[edit] * I called up ICA and was told over the phone by some lady and was told that this is OK, but I didn’t get any written confirmation or even her name so ... hopefully this gap doesn’t come back and bite me in the ass.
If you have such a situation why dont you make a trip to ICA and speak to the officer there rather than posting in the forum or talking to the ICA call centre executive over phone?

shuigao

Post by shuigao » Mon, 04 Nov 2019 10:16 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
Sun, 03 Nov 2019 7:03 pm
If you have such a situation why dont you make a trip to ICA and speak to the officer there rather than posting in the forum or talking to the ICA call centre executive over phone?
ICA lvl6 ppl also told me “just apply online and wait,” bopian ba for better or worse I made my bed like this now have to just sleep in it.

Just wondering from others what sort of timeframe they usually get for baby / infant citizenship sponsorship to get an idea how long I’ll actually have to wait 😂

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 04 Nov 2019 2:10 pm

shuigao wrote:
Mon, 04 Nov 2019 10:16 am
singaporeflyer wrote:
Sun, 03 Nov 2019 7:03 pm
ICA lvl6 ppl also told me “just apply online and wait,” bopian ba for better or worse I made my bed like this now have to just sleep in it.

Just wondering from others what sort of timeframe they usually get for baby / infant citizenship sponsorship to get an idea how long I’ll actually have to wait 😂
Told you 14 days to 3 months.

shuigao

Post by shuigao » Fri, 29 Nov 2019 9:43 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
Mon, 04 Nov 2019 2:10 pm
Told you 14 days to 3 months.
Thanks!!

I applied on 2nd Nov, and got the approval on 20th Nov. Completed registration and got his citizenship certificate yesterday.

I imagine (uneducated guess) that if both parents are Singaporeans, the sponsorship application probably takes much less time vs if only one parent is Singaporean.

delta_theta

Post by delta_theta » Tue, 18 Feb 2020 1:33 pm

I'd like some opinions on this.

I'm a PR (Indian citizen and race) and I've been living in Singapore since I was 6 months old. I've served my national service and ORDed in December 2013. Though I've applied for citizenship, I've been rejected. I don't have any negative records such as any charges in NS (DB etc.) either. It took them about 3 years plus a visit to the MP to inquire the status of the application to turn around and reject me. The ICA rejected me while I was overseas to study for my undergraduate degree. Towards the tail-end of my undergraduate days, I've gotten myself a seat for graduate school overseas too, but the ICA advised that I return to Singapore to work before they revoke my permanent residency too. So I had to skip out on the opportunity to achieving my master's degree and eventually a PhD because my citizenship application got rejected and my permanent residency status was going to be revoked.

Now, I've been back in Singapore for about two years now, working with a respectable pay at a well-reputed company as an Engineer. Using the advice of my MP, I've re-applied for my citizenship In March 2019. It's been just under 12 months and my application status is still pending. Has this ever happened to any of you? It's becoming a little disheartening to see that even though I've lived in Singapore all my life, except for my undergraduate days, and served my country, I still haven't been awarded my citizenship. What else may I do to improve my chances of being awarded my citizenship?

I'd appreciate some constructive feedback, thanks! :)

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 21 Feb 2020 11:39 am

delta_theta wrote:
Tue, 18 Feb 2020 1:33 pm
I'd like some opinions on this.

I'm a PR (Indian citizen and race) and I've been living in Singapore since I was 6 months old. I've served my national service and ORDed in December 2013. Though I've applied for citizenship, I've been rejected. I don't have any negative records such as any charges in NS (DB etc.) either. It took them about 3 years plus a visit to the MP to inquire the status of the application to turn around and reject me. The ICA rejected me while I was overseas to study for my undergraduate degree. Towards the tail-end of my undergraduate days, I've gotten myself a seat for graduate school overseas too, but the ICA advised that I return to Singapore to work before they revoke my permanent residency too. So I had to skip out on the opportunity to achieving my master's degree and eventually a PhD because my citizenship application got rejected and my permanent residency status was going to be revoked.

Now, I've been back in Singapore for about two years now, working with a respectable pay at a well-reputed company as an Engineer. Using the advice of my MP, I've re-applied for my citizenship In March 2019. It's been just under 12 months and my application status is still pending. Has this ever happened to any of you? It's becoming a little disheartening to see that even though I've lived in Singapore all my life, except for my undergraduate days, and served my country, I still haven't been awarded my citizenship. What else may I do to improve my chances of being awarded my citizenship?

I'd appreciate some constructive feedback, thanks! :)
You have 50% chance. If in case it gets rejected, apply after your REP renewal or after 2 years from the rejection, along with being employed in Singapore