Singapore Expats

Waiting outcome for Citizenship Application....

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
delta_theta

Re: Waiting outcome for Citizenship Application....

Post by delta_theta » Mon, 24 Feb 2020 6:23 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Fri, 21 Feb 2020 11:39 am
delta_theta wrote:
Tue, 18 Feb 2020 1:33 pm
I'd like some opinions on this.

I'm a PR (Indian citizen and race) and I've been living in Singapore since I was 6 months old. I've served my national service and ORDed in December 2013. Though I've applied for citizenship, I've been rejected. I don't have any negative records such as any charges in NS (DB etc.) either. It took them about 3 years plus a visit to the MP to inquire the status of the application to turn around and reject me. The ICA rejected me while I was overseas to study for my undergraduate degree. Towards the tail-end of my undergraduate days, I've gotten myself a seat for graduate school overseas too, but the ICA advised that I return to Singapore to work before they revoke my permanent residency too. So I had to skip out on the opportunity to achieving my master's degree and eventually a PhD because my citizenship application got rejected and my permanent residency status was going to be revoked.

Now, I've been back in Singapore for about two years now, working with a respectable pay at a well-reputed company as an Engineer. Using the advice of my MP, I've re-applied for my citizenship In March 2019. It's been just under 12 months and my application status is still pending. Has this ever happened to any of you? It's becoming a little disheartening to see that even though I've lived in Singapore all my life, except for my undergraduate days, and served my country, I still haven't been awarded my citizenship. What else may I do to improve my chances of being awarded my citizenship?

I'd appreciate some constructive feedback, thanks! :)
You have 50% chance. If in case it gets rejected, apply after your REP renewal or after 2 years from the rejection, along with being employed in Singapore
Ah man, those statistics aren't great. I guess I can only hope then. Thanks!

gmlakd166

Post by gmlakd166 » Tue, 25 Feb 2020 3:29 am

delta_theta wrote:

I'm a PR (Indian citizen and race) and I've been living in Singapore since I was 6 months old. I've served my national service and ORDed in December 2013. Though I've applied for citizenship, I've been rejected. I don't have any negative records such as any charges in NS (DB etc.) either. It took them about 3 years plus a visit to the MP to inquire the status of the application to turn around and reject me. The ICA rejected me while I was overseas to study for my undergraduate degree. Towards the tail-end of my undergraduate days, I've gotten myself a seat for graduate school overseas too, but the ICA advised that I return to Singapore to work before they revoke my permanent residency too. So I had to skip out on the opportunity to achieving my master's degree and eventually a PhD because my citizenship application got rejected and my permanent residency status was going to be revoked.

Now, I've been back in Singapore for about two years now, working with a respectable pay at a well-reputed company as an Engineer. Using the advice of my MP, I've re-applied for my citizenship In March 2019. It's been just under 12 months and my application status is still pending. Has this ever happened to any of you? It's becoming a little disheartening to see that even though I've lived in Singapore all my life, except for my undergraduate days, and served my country, I still haven't been awarded my citizenship. What else may I do to improve my chances of being awarded my citizenship?

Hi, can I have couple of questions, because I am in similar case.
Do your mean first application took 3 years for processing and then reject?
Does MP can help on this matter?
Thanks a lot for your comments.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 25 Feb 2020 9:40 am

gmlakd166 wrote:
Tue, 25 Feb 2020 3:29 am
delta_theta wrote:

Hi, can I have couple of questions, because I am in similar case.
Do your mean first application took 3 years for processing and then reject?
Does MP can help on this matter?
Thanks a lot for your comments.
Just going to the MP without any improvement in the application like salary/job/education, will not help

gmlakd166

Post by gmlakd166 » Tue, 25 Feb 2020 7:13 pm

Thanks a lot.