Hello, I will be relocating to Singapore for work this summer, and I am interested in getting some suggestions on neighborhoods to live in. I am coming from the Washington DC area (USA). The Newton/Novena areas have been recommended to me, but I'm just making sure that is what I'm looking for. My situation is as follows:
- your budget (approx range) --> 3200 SGD per month
- your workplace/s (don't name names, just approx neighbourhood) --> Woodlands
- the size and/or type of property
that you are seeking (#bedrooms, on-site facilities etc) --> Could do one bedroom, but ideally 2. Also, hoping for a pool with lap swimming.
- will you have a car here? --> No
- proximity to transport required. MRT-subway/buses/the airport/Malay border post (if so, which one). --> Close to an MRT station
- will you have any accompanying children needing to attend school? If so, age/s? --> No Children
- will your employer being funding any fees; or will you, 'out of pocket'? --> Employer will pay any agent fees + utilities, TV & Internet fees
Nice to have:
- will you need to be able to say walk to the local shops, a library, your doctor, a market, and so on? --> I would like a walkable area, including shops and ideally a hawker market.
- access to any specific sport, social, and recreation facilities? --> Not specifically
- are you considering bringing any pets. If so what kind, and will they require outdoor access and/or exercise? --> No pets.
- are you considering bringing any parents/in-laws etc? Do they have specific needs (for example difficulty climbing stairs?) --> No
Your current home and commute:
- are you already a city dweller? i.e. Are you used to city-centre hustle and bustle, or would you hope for a bit more peace and quiet? --> I am currently in a city, but not downtown. That said, I would like to live in or at least near the city center in Singapore.
- what is the size and type (apartment, house+garden etc) of your current home? --> Current home is approx 900 sq. ft.
- what are any current commute times like? --> Approx. 20-25 mins
Thank you so much!