Singapore Expats Forum

Long term visit pass and short term visit pass application

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
liongal19
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat, 29 Apr 2017

Long term visit pass and short term visit pass application

Postby liongal19 » Sat, 29 Apr 2017 12:53 pm

Good day!

I'm below the age of 21 and my mom is a Singapore Citizen, she sponsored my PR application which we launched last February 12, 2016- despite constant inquiries and updates with ICA, it is still pending to this day.

I used to be on student's pass but my student pass expired hence I surrendered it to ICA- my current school does not renew student passes anymore. Hence, we applied for a long term visit pass while waiting for the result of the PR application, during the online application- there was an option to request for an extension for my short term visit pass as well since my current short term visit pass is expiring on the 6th of May.

Until now when I check online via iEnquiry it says that "Your long term visit pass and short term extension request are still receiving attention."

I do understand that the long term visit pass processing time takes up to 6 weeks, however the short term visit pass extension is what worries me as it has been two weeks and my current visit pass will expire next Saturday and this coming Monday as I assume most of us are aware of is a holiday.

Any advice on this matter? It will be greatly appreciated.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9518
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: Long term visit pass and short term visit pass application

Postby ecureilx » Sun, 30 Apr 2017 10:43 am

liongal19 wrote:
I do understand that the long term visit pass processing time takes up to 6 weeks, however the short term visit pass extension is what worries me as it has been two weeks and my current visit pass will expire next Saturday and this coming Monday as I assume most of us are aware of is a holiday.

Any advice on this matter? It will be greatly appreciated.


nothing much you can do.

Wait, and be prepared to fly home if your SVP is not approved.

Of course, since your mom is an SC (by birth ?) She has the right to go to ICA in person and request an extension. Been there, seen it, have seen over the counter extension being approved. Unless you exceeded the maximum stay allowed under SVP - 120 days I think.

liongal19
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat, 29 Apr 2017

Re: Long term visit pass and short term visit pass application

Postby liongal19 » Thu, 04 May 2017 11:01 am

ecureilx wrote:
liongal19 wrote:
I do understand that the long term visit pass processing time takes up to 6 weeks, however the short term visit pass extension is what worries me as it has been two weeks and my current visit pass will expire next Saturday and this coming Monday as I assume most of us are aware of is a holiday.

Any advice on this matter? It will be greatly appreciated.


nothing much you can do.

Wait, and be prepared to fly home if your SVP is not approved.

Of course, since your mom is an SC (by birth ?) She has the right to go to ICA in person and request an extension. Been there, seen it, have seen over the counter extension being approved. Unless you exceeded the maximum stay allowed under SVP - 120 days I think.



Good day!
I was given another 89 days and we were asked to submit documents for the LTVP and PR is still pending for almost 15 months now. Anyway- thanks for your input! :)

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9518
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: Long term visit pass and short term visit pass application

Postby ecureilx » Thu, 04 May 2017 9:25 pm

liongal19 wrote:Good day!
I was given another 89 days and we were asked to submit documents for the LTVP and PR is still pending for almost 15 months now. Anyway- thanks for your input! :)


+1


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests