Singapore Expats Forum

3rd PR application rejected

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
HelloPR
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed, 26 Apr 2017

Re: 3rd PR application rejected

Postby HelloPR » Fri, 28 Apr 2017 3:06 pm

ecureilx wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:The only thing that may be of value is the patent that you hold. But since you have already mentioned that in the application, will not make a big difference in the appeal. At your age, it should not be a major issue for your application.


Disagree, gently :D

Having the paper proof, is sufficient grounds to appeal :D

From having seen such cases ;)


Another suggestion I need, should I wait for my Income tax notice of assessment which will come sometime in June? This also I can include in my appeal letter.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1532
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Re: 3rd PR application rejected

Postby singaporeflyer » Fri, 28 Apr 2017 3:09 pm

HelloPR wrote:
ecureilx wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:The only thing that may be of value is the patent that you hold. But since you have already mentioned that in the application, will not make a big difference in the appeal. At your age, it should not be a major issue for your application.


Disagree, gently :D

Having the paper proof, is sufficient grounds to appeal :D

From having seen such cases ;)


Another suggestion I need, should I wait for my Income tax notice of assessment which will come sometime in June? This also I can include in my appeal letter.


First thing, appeal has to be done within 3 months from the date of rejection. Dont worry about the IRAS tax assessment. You would have already given consent to ICA to get information from IRAS and they will do that when needed.

HelloPR
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed, 26 Apr 2017

Re: 3rd PR application rejected

Postby HelloPR » Thu, 04 May 2017 2:57 pm

bcheng74 wrote:
x9200 wrote:
bcheng74 wrote:
That's exactly this point. His race and the gender of his kids are something he can't change, but that could be the main reason for rejection.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's some weighted pass/fail qualification. The fact that he is this or that race and has daughters doesn't mean he has no chance. He just may need to "compensate" for the negative points with some stronger positive points, the longer stay is one of them.


I didn't say he has no chance in future. I just said this could be the main reason of his three rejections.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Yesterday I visited some pr consultancy firm (free consultation :D ). They said you should have some recommendation letters from your colleagues and you should do some donation/charity etc. Is it true? How recommendation from colleagues can increase chances? They suggested that 10$ every month based on their suggested Govt. recognised charity organisation which they will tell me if I take their services. And they will reapply after 5/6 months. I had a question if I would do some charity to these organisations, ICA would easily catch that I would have started this kind charity only to get PR. How charity can increase chances?

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1532
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Re: 3rd PR application rejected

Postby singaporeflyer » Thu, 04 May 2017 3:03 pm

HelloPR wrote:
bcheng74 wrote:
x9200 wrote:It's some weighted pass/fail qualification. The fact that he is this or that race and has daughters doesn't mean he has no chance. He just may need to "compensate" for the negative points with some stronger positive points, the longer stay is one of them.


I didn't say he has no chance in future. I just said this could be the main reason of his three rejections.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Yesterday I visited some pr consultancy firm (free consultation :D ). They said you should have some recommendation letters from your colleagues and you should do some donation/charity etc. Is it true? How recommendation from colleagues can increase chances? They suggested that 10$ every month based on their suggested Govt. recognised charity organisation which they will tell me if I take their services. And they will reapply after 5/6 months. I had a question if I would do some charity to these organisations, ICA would easily catch that I would have started this kind charity only to get PR. How charity can increase chances?



They have given you misleading information

1. Recommendation from Colleagues wont improve chances at all. If it does, anyone can get recommendation from their SG Colleagues.

2.10$ for few months wont help at all. Example if you have donated 100-200 dollars for a period of say 5 years, then it shows you are consistent in contributing.. This alone wont increase the chance. ICA will easily know that you are doing this just to get PR.

Why didnt you ask all these doubts to the consultancy itself?

The consultancy just wants you to sign up for their service. Nothing else.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: 3rd PR application rejected

Postby ecureilx » Thu, 04 May 2017 10:23 pm

HelloPR wrote:
Yesterday I visited some pr consultancy firm (free consultation :D ). They said you should have some recommendation letters from your colleagues and you should do some donation/charity etc. Is it true? How recommendation from colleagues can increase chances? They suggested that 10$ every month based on their suggested Govt. recognised charity organisation which they will tell me if I take their services. And they will reapply after 5/6 months. I had a question if I would do some charity to these organisations, ICA would easily catch that I would have started this kind charity only to get PR. How charity can increase chances?


I was told 2 $ a month .... haha.

Are you even really believing the yarn of the consultant ?

HelloPR
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed, 26 Apr 2017

Re: 3rd PR application rejected

Postby HelloPR » Thu, 04 May 2017 10:30 pm

ecureilx wrote:
HelloPR wrote:
Yesterday I visited some pr consultancy firm (free consultation :D ). They said you should have some recommendation letters from your colleagues and you should do some donation/charity etc. Is it true? How recommendation from colleagues can increase chances? They suggested that 10$ every month based on their suggested Govt. recognised charity organisation which they will tell me if I take their services. And they will reapply after 5/6 months. I had a question if I would do some charity to these organisations, ICA would easily catch that I would have started this kind charity only to get PR. How charity can increase chances?


I was told 2 $ a month .... haha.

Are you even really believing the yarn of the consultant ?


I could not even believe how people believe them :)

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9319
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Re: 3rd PR application rejected

Postby x9200 » Fri, 05 May 2017 7:13 am

HelloPR wrote:
ecureilx wrote:
HelloPR wrote:
Yesterday I visited some pr consultancy firm (free consultation :D ). They said you should have some recommendation letters from your colleagues and you should do some donation/charity etc. Is it true? How recommendation from colleagues can increase chances? They suggested that 10$ every month based on their suggested Govt. recognised charity organisation which they will tell me if I take their services. And they will reapply after 5/6 months. I had a question if I would do some charity to these organisations, ICA would easily catch that I would have started this kind charity only to get PR. How charity can increase chances?


I was told 2 $ a month .... haha.

Are you even really believing the yarn of the consultant ?


I could not even believe how people believe them :)

But... isn't it what most Indian applicants do? Charities, community services, buying property....
(It should actually be $6 a month - $10 indicates some possible gambling problems with poor risk management skills, while $2 lack of empathy and acute instrumental approach).

christinazhang
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun, 07 May 2017

Re: 3rd PR application rejected

Postby christinazhang » Sun, 07 May 2017 4:47 pm

1. Probably you haven't been staying here for enough long time;
2. Your industry might not be the one that EDB wants to keep in the long term (my hubby said :) );
3. Just keep trying and eventually you will get it. By looking at the official statistic from ICA, actually every year quite considerable Indians get SPR approved every year;

HelloPR
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed, 26 Apr 2017

Re: 3rd PR application rejected

Postby HelloPR » Sun, 07 May 2017 5:20 pm

christinazhang wrote:1. Probably you haven't been staying here for enough long time;
2. Your industry might not be the one that EDB wants to keep in the long term (my hubby said :) );
3. Just keep trying and eventually you will get it. By looking at the official statistic from ICA, actually every year quite considerable Indians get SPR approved every year;

Thanks for your response!! Do have any info about whether semiconductor indian professionals are getting pr?

bcheng74
Regular
Regular
Posts: 127
Joined: Sun, 10 Apr 2016

Re: 3rd PR application rejected

Postby bcheng74 » Sun, 07 May 2017 5:43 pm

christinazhang wrote:1. Probably you haven't been staying here for enough long time;
2. Your industry might not be the one that EDB wants to keep in the long term (my hubby said :) );
3. Just keep trying and eventually you will get it. By looking at the official statistic from ICA, actually every year quite considerable Indians get SPR approved every year;


Where can I see the official statistics from ICA on PR approval? I have been searching and I found the data stopped from 2012 onwards.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 169
Joined: Mon, 11 Apr 2016

Re: 3rd PR application rejected

Postby jamie9vardy » Sun, 07 May 2017 6:09 pm

bcheng74 wrote:Where can I see the official statistics from ICA on PR approval? I have been searching and I found the data stopped from 2012 onwards.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


https://www.nptd.gov.sg/PORTALS/0/HOMEP ... f-2016.pdf

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: 3rd PR application rejected

Postby ecureilx » Sun, 07 May 2017 10:15 pm

bcheng74 wrote:Where can I see the official statistics from ICA on PR approval? I have been searching and I found the data stopped from 2012 onwards.


that was about the time Singapore decided there are too many foreigners....

Try I may, I don't see the definition of ideal non Chinese candidate !

PS, I re-read the statistic page. Exactly post 2010 Election, the tide had turned.

HelloPR
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed, 26 Apr 2017

Re: 3rd PR application rejected

Postby HelloPR » Mon, 08 May 2017 6:33 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
HelloPR wrote:
ecureilx wrote:
Disagree, gently :D

Having the paper proof, is sufficient grounds to appeal :D

From having seen such cases ;)


Another suggestion I need, should I wait for my Income tax notice of assessment which will come sometime in June? This also I can include in my appeal letter.


First thing, appeal has to be done within 3 months from the date of rejection. Dont worry about the IRAS tax assessment. You would have already given consent to ICA to get information from IRAS and they will do that when needed.


Will online 1yr MBA program make my applocation stong? As I have only bachelor degree from a premier Institute in India.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1532
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Re: 3rd PR application rejected

Postby singaporeflyer » Mon, 08 May 2017 6:52 pm

HelloPR wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
HelloPR wrote:
Another suggestion I need, should I wait for my Income tax notice of assessment which will come sometime in June? This also I can include in my appeal letter.


First thing, appeal has to be done within 3 months from the date of rejection. Dont worry about the IRAS tax assessment. You would have already given consent to ICA to get information from IRAS and they will do that when needed.


Will online 1yr MBA program make my applocation stong? As I have only bachelor degree from a premier Institute in India.



Will totally make no difference to the application. Forget about making it strong with this. Looks like you are too desperate for the PR.

Also what is premier to you, may not be premier for ICA.

HelloPR
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed, 26 Apr 2017

Re: 3rd PR application rejected

Postby HelloPR » Tue, 09 May 2017 4:49 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
HelloPR wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
First thing, appeal has to be done within 3 months from the date of rejection. Dont worry about the IRAS tax assessment. You would have already given consent to ICA to get information from IRAS and they will do that when needed.


Will online 1yr MBA program make my applocation stong? As I have only bachelor degree from a premier Institute in India.



Will totally make no difference to the application. Forget about making it strong with this. Looks like you are too desperate for the PR.

Also what is premier to you, may not be premier for ICA.


Does ICA consider IIT a premier institute?


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests