Singapore Expats Forum

3rd PR application rejected

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9810
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: 3rd PR application rejected

Postby ecureilx » Thu, 27 Apr 2017 5:30 pm

bcheng74 wrote:That's exactly this point. His race and the gender of his kids are something he can't change, but that could be the main reason for rejection.


That having male kids improve the chance is a myth, and nothing more.

Don't go about spreading the idea of male kids improving chances, and females lowering the chances.

Please.

bcheng74
Regular
Regular
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun, 10 Apr 2016

Re: 3rd PR application rejected

Postby bcheng74 » Thu, 27 Apr 2017 5:56 pm

ecureilx wrote:
bcheng74 wrote:That's exactly this point. His race and the gender of his kids are something he can't change, but that could be the main reason for rejection.


That having male kids improve the chance is a myth, and nothing more.

Don't go about spreading the idea of male kids improving chances, and females lowering the chances.

Please.


Any advice said in this forum (staying longer, working in particular industry, etc) is myth and creates idea of improving chances.

Please.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
Barnsley
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2230
Joined: Tue, 10 Jun 2008
Location: Pasir Ris
Contact:

Re: 3rd PR application rejected

Postby Barnsley » Thu, 27 Apr 2017 6:00 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
The pass type was mentioned in the EP Card till 2007/2008. Now there is no EP Pass type mentioned on the EP Card, but still the IPA has it mentioned.


Since they started the delivery service to your desk for renewals I haven't seen a letter once.

If the pass type isn't mentioned on the Governments own website why would they put it in a letter?

Wouldn't make much sense to me as there is nowhere to reference what it means either on your pass or on any official website.

If you have a letter with it on then , fair play to you , I am basing my views on my own experience.
Life is short, paddle harder!!

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1426
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Re: 3rd PR application rejected

Postby singaporeflyer » Thu, 27 Apr 2017 6:09 pm

Barnsley wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
The pass type was mentioned in the EP Card till 2007/2008. Now there is no EP Pass type mentioned on the EP Card, but still the IPA has it mentioned.


Since they started the delivery service to your desk for renewals I haven't seen a letter once.

If the pass type isn't mentioned on the Governments own website why would they put it in a letter?

Wouldn't make much sense to me as there is nowhere to reference what it means either on your pass or on any official website.

If you have a letter with it on then , fair play to you , I am basing my views on my own experience.


You can google for Form 4A which is used for PR or take it from the ICA Site. You can see that there is a column for internal use called as "EP Category".

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1426
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Re: 3rd PR application rejected

Postby singaporeflyer » Thu, 27 Apr 2017 6:10 pm

bcheng74 wrote:
ecureilx wrote:
bcheng74 wrote:That's exactly this point. His race and the gender of his kids are something he can't change, but that could be the main reason for rejection.


That having male kids improve the chance is a myth, and nothing more.

Don't go about spreading the idea of male kids improving chances, and females lowering the chances.

Please.


Any advice said in this forum (staying longer, working in particular industry, etc) is myth and creates idea of improving chances.

Please.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



I am not sure if you have seen rejection letters from ICA for PR saying that they have not met the residential requirements. Please reapply after N years. Staying longer improves chance is not a Myth.

bcheng74
Regular
Regular
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun, 10 Apr 2016

Re: 3rd PR application rejected

Postby bcheng74 » Thu, 27 Apr 2017 7:11 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
bcheng74 wrote:
ecureilx wrote:
That having male kids improve the chance is a myth, and nothing more.

Don't go about spreading the idea of male kids improving chances, and females lowering the chances.

Please.


Any advice said in this forum (staying longer, working in particular industry, etc) is myth and creates idea of improving chances.

Please.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



I am not sure if you have seen rejection letters from ICA for PR saying that they have not met the residential requirements. Please reapply after N years. Staying longer improves chance is not a Myth.


I have not seen this, but neither this is a specified requirement for application nor is a guarantee from ICA.

Also, I never spread the idea of having male kids improves chances. The original poster asked for possible reason for three rejections. My guess is that his race and gender may be the reason. I could be right or wrong. That's all.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1426
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Re: 3rd PR application rejected

Postby singaporeflyer » Thu, 27 Apr 2017 7:18 pm

bcheng74 wrote:Also, I never spread the idea of having male kids improves chances. The original poster asked for possible reason for three rejections. My guess is that his race and gender may be the reason.


You had explicitly said Gender of Kids cant be changed. how does that matter in an application if you didn't support that idea?

bcheng74
Regular
Regular
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun, 10 Apr 2016

Re: 3rd PR application rejected

Postby bcheng74 » Thu, 27 Apr 2017 7:23 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
bcheng74 wrote:Also, I never spread the idea of having male kids improves chances. The original poster asked for possible reason for three rejections. My guess is that his race and gender may be the reason.


You had explicitly said Gender of Kids cant be changed. how does that matter in an application if you didn't support that idea?


Gender and race can't be changed, and that's factual. But I never suggest people to go and have a male kid in order to improve PR chance. Understand ?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1426
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Re: 3rd PR application rejected

Postby singaporeflyer » Thu, 27 Apr 2017 7:34 pm

bcheng74 wrote:
That's exactly this point. His race and the gender of his kids are something he can't change, but that could be the main reason for rejection.



bcheng74, we quote saying race cant be changed, because we all know race plays a part in the application. if gender of the kid does not play a part, why was it mentioned? You cant deny that you didnt mention that... Just asking..

HelloPR
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed, 26 Apr 2017

Re: 3rd PR application rejected

Postby HelloPR » Thu, 27 Apr 2017 8:32 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
bcheng74 wrote:
That's exactly this point. His race and the gender of his kids are something he can't change, but that could be the main reason for rejection.



bcheng74, we quote saying race cant be changed, because we all know race plays a part in the application. if gender of the kid does not play a part, why was it mentioned? You cant deny that you didnt mention that... Just asking..



If I do appeal, will it help? If I would appeal, what should be basis of that?

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1426
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Re: 3rd PR application rejected

Postby singaporeflyer » Thu, 27 Apr 2017 9:21 pm

HelloPR wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
bcheng74 wrote:
That's exactly this point. His race and the gender of his kids are something he can't change, but that could be the main reason for rejection.



bcheng74, we quote saying race cant be changed, because we all know race plays a part in the application. if gender of the kid does not play a part, why was it mentioned? You cant deny that you didnt mention that... Just asking..



If I do appeal, will it help? If I would appeal, what should be basis of that?


Appeals are very rarely helpful. If you are unsure on what basis to appeal, please do NOT appeal.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9810
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: 3rd PR application rejected

Postby ecureilx » Fri, 28 Apr 2017 8:38 am

bcheng74 wrote:Any advice said in this forum (staying longer, working in particular industry, etc) is myth and creates idea of improving chances.

Please.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


So those letters saying "apply after x months" vs those saying "you may continue to work .. ."

Why would ICA say that ?

Personally, I have seen guys who applied after 3 years in Singapore having more success than the quick rejection of those who applied sooner. Including Malaysians.

PS, about kids, can re-manufacture the kids, right ? Pun intended.

HelloPR wrote:If I do appeal, will it help? If I would appeal, what should be basis of that?


Appeals should have reasonable grounds. Like your pay went up, you won some award, you got a patent etc. So what changed for you to ask for an appeal ? Burning desire to sink roots in Singapore is not a ground for appeal, sad to say ...

Otherwise, my 2 cents ? Your appeal will be considered, you will be asked to resubmit all documents again, and go through the process and 99.99% see rejection.

Good luck

HelloPR
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed, 26 Apr 2017

Re: 3rd PR application rejected

Postby HelloPR » Fri, 28 Apr 2017 1:41 pm

ecureilx wrote:
bcheng74 wrote:Any advice said in this forum (staying longer, working in particular industry, etc) is myth and creates idea of improving chances.

Please.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


So those letters saying "apply after x months" vs those saying "you may continue to work .. ."

Why would ICA say that ?

Personally, I have seen guys who applied after 3 years in Singapore having more success than the quick rejection of those who applied sooner. Including Malaysians.

PS, about kids, can re-manufacture the kids, right ? Pun intended.

HelloPR wrote:If I do appeal, will it help? If I would appeal, what should be basis of that?


Appeals should have reasonable grounds. Like your pay went up, you won some award, you got a patent etc. So what changed for you to ask for an appeal ? Burning desire to sink roots in Singapore is not a ground for appeal, sad to say ...

Otherwise, my 2 cents ? Your appeal will be considered, you will be asked to resubmit all documents again, and go through the process and 99.99% see rejection.

Good luck


I forgot to mention that I am 38 now. My age is ok for PR application?
I also did not mention that I am working as parents support group member for both of kids school. Will this help for my appeal letter? I also got one patent last year, but no paper proof during my submission (but still I mentioned in my application). I got paper proof last month only. Will it also help to show in my appeal letter?

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1426
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Re: 3rd PR application rejected

Postby singaporeflyer » Fri, 28 Apr 2017 1:49 pm

HelloPR wrote:
ecureilx wrote:
bcheng74 wrote:Any advice said in this forum (staying longer, working in particular industry, etc) is myth and creates idea of improving chances.

Please.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


So those letters saying "apply after x months" vs those saying "you may continue to work .. ."

Why would ICA say that ?

Personally, I have seen guys who applied after 3 years in Singapore having more success than the quick rejection of those who applied sooner. Including Malaysians.

PS, about kids, can re-manufacture the kids, right ? Pun intended.

HelloPR wrote:If I do appeal, will it help? If I would appeal, what should be basis of that?


Appeals should have reasonable grounds. Like your pay went up, you won some award, you got a patent etc. So what changed for you to ask for an appeal ? Burning desire to sink roots in Singapore is not a ground for appeal, sad to say ...

Otherwise, my 2 cents ? Your appeal will be considered, you will be asked to resubmit all documents again, and go through the process and 99.99% see rejection.

Good luck


I forgot to mention that I am 38 now. My age is ok for PR application?
I also did not mention that I am working as parents support group member for both of kids school. Will this help for my appeal letter? I also got one patent last year, but no paper proof during my submission (but still I mentioned in my application). I got paper proof last month only. Will it also help to show in my appeal letter?



The only thing that may be of value is the patent that you hold. But since you have already mentioned that in the application, will not make a big difference in the appeal. At your age, it should not be a major issue for your application.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9810
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: 3rd PR application rejected

Postby ecureilx » Fri, 28 Apr 2017 2:32 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:The only thing that may be of value is the patent that you hold. But since you have already mentioned that in the application, will not make a big difference in the appeal. At your age, it should not be a major issue for your application.


Disagree, gently :D

Having the paper proof, is sufficient grounds to appeal :D

From having seen such cases ;)


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest