Singapore Expats

Nursing Scholarship For Foreign

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
scentedghost

Nursing Scholarship For Foreign

Post by scentedghost » Tue, 25 Apr 2017 9:28 am

Hello!

I don't know if I'm posting on the right thread. Can a foreign person like me get a scholarship program for nursing in Singapore? I'm planning to shift career from IT to nursing. It's like I've been thinking lately that I'm just creating websites and earn a lot of money where all what I want in life is to help people and I find it very rewarding if I will become a nurse.

I've been browsing some scholarship sites and I don't have any SG friends to help me too. Can anyone advice me if it is possible to apply scholarship online? And what are the other sites to apply.

I choose Singapore because it was my dream to live in your city. I'm still young and I want to reroute my life having a career while helping people besides I don't want to become rich.

Thank you for anyone who will answer.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Nursing Scholarship For Foreign

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 25 Apr 2017 5:17 pm

scentedghost wrote:Hello!

I don't know if I'm posting on the right thread. Can a foreign person like me get a scholarship program for nursing in Singapore? I'm planning to shift career from IT to nursing. It's like I've been thinking lately that I'm just creating websites and earn a lot of money where all what I want in life is to help people and I find it very rewarding if I will become a nurse.

I've been browsing some scholarship sites and I don't have any SG friends to help me too. Can anyone advice me if it is possible to apply scholarship online? And what are the other sites to apply.

I choose Singapore because it was my dream to live in your city. I'm still young and I want to reroute my life having a career while helping people besides I don't want to become rich.

Not likely.

Unless you are a fresh school leaver from MY, no scholarships I know exist.

And being a foreign nurse, unless you speak local lingo, you won't go far.

Which country are you from ?

scentedghost

Post by scentedghost » Tue, 25 Apr 2017 6:36 pm

Really? I'm from PH. Was it hard to study nursing there while working?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 26 Apr 2017 7:51 am

scentedghost wrote:Really? I'm from PH. Was it hard to study nursing there while working?
You can't do part time nursing in Singapore.

And as of now, I know No nursing scholarship open for Filipinos.

Best, graduate in Philippines, clock 3 years in a hospital with 60 beds or more, and apply to work in Singapore, like how other Filipinos are doing

scentedghost

Post by scentedghost » Wed, 26 Apr 2017 9:19 am

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) I see studying part-time nursing is impossible there. #-o I don't know what else to do aside from I want to leave home right now. Aist.

Anyway, thank you!!! You are a great help tho I don't know you personally. O:)

x9200

Post by x9200 » Wed, 26 Apr 2017 10:56 am

scentedghost wrote:Hello!

If, as you claim, earn a lot of money, why do you think about a scholarship? Scholarships should be for talented people who have no means of support for the education. Paying for your own studies, if you can afford this, will help another person to get the scholarship and later help other people too.

scentedghost

Post by scentedghost » Wed, 26 Apr 2017 11:16 am

Because I want to stop my work in IT, I got tired of working websites and staying at home. If I will continue to become an IT my life will be leading to earning a lot of money and not helping people.

Getting scholarship is just an option for me, the other guy answer there that SG schools does not allow part-time studies for nursing. I really want to shift to healthcare industry.

But he suggested that I should just study here in my country first that would take me 3 years. Arrrrrrgh. I'm dead. I guess I just need some travel to think well.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Wed, 26 Apr 2017 11:29 am

If you earn a lot of money you can save for the studies in some reasonable time, or not? Calculate how much is needed for the fees, accommodation, maintenance, set it as a goal, and vuala. If your ultimate is to help other people just take it as a part of the whole effort, helping already the others who are less fortunate in the whole process.

scentedghost

Post by scentedghost » Wed, 26 Apr 2017 11:35 am

I can't save a lot in a short period of time, that's why I'm asking if I can still go to school taking up nursing while working there.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 26 Apr 2017 11:18 pm

Only if you are going to a government recognized school. Otherwise, no you cannot work at all.

http://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permit ... n-students
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 27 Apr 2017 8:12 am

There are other countries that may do this; don't restrict yourself to Singapore.

I'm quite certain you could do a part time nursing degree in Australia for example.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

scentedghost

Post by scentedghost » Thu, 27 Apr 2017 10:21 am

Thank you all for your suggestions! I now realized joining forums is better than scrolling up my social media accounts. Lol. :shock:

I'm thinking of something impossible for me to do again shifting my career to health care. I don't have other way but to be heading back in technology, instead of being burn out, why I should get some people to build our own start-up. I just need to think better now.

Thank you all! I really appreciate all your suggestions. :-"

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 27 Apr 2017 5:50 pm

scentedghost wrote:](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) I see studying part-time nursing is impossible there. #-o I don't know what else to do aside from I want to leave home right now. Aist.

Anyway, thank you!!! You are a great help tho I don't know you personally. O:)
I know of NO part time nursing course in Singapore.

And, if you graduate elsewhere, you will be second class nurse in Singapore.

If you want to follow your dream, take up nursing in PH, and go to Australia, US or UK.

Or take up nursing in those countries.

If you die-die want Singapore one, no much choice one.

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Wed, 03 May 2017 1:56 pm

nursing is not for everyone.

you should go volunteer regularly (regular schedule, preferably many hours at a time) at a hospice or old folks' home. try to get into the unfair messy putrid side of it and see if you can find it acceptable.

if you do, go for it! it's a calling for some people that don't mind.
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 03 May 2017 2:32 pm

taxico wrote:nursing is not for everyone.

you should go volunteer regularly (regular schedule, preferably many hours at a time) at a hospice or old folks' home. try to get into the unfair messy putrid side of it and see if you can find it acceptable.

if you do, go for it! it's a calling for some people that don't mind.
Actually if she graduates as a nurse in PH, she is forced to volunteer for upto 6 months or more, AFTER Graduation, before clocking the PRC requirement ;)

And the waiting queue for volunteers also have a long waiting period :D
Last edited by ecureilx on Thu, 04 May 2017 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.