Singapore Expats

Moving to Singapore

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
NatSmyth

Moving to Singapore

Post by NatSmyth » Mon, 24 Apr 2017 5:59 pm

Hi All,
I'm hoping for some advise. We will be moving to Singapore in a couple of months. My partner will be heading up the 'south east asia' side of a business. As he will be traveling a lot and no fixed business location atm (so location of living is pretty much my choice). We have 3 year old boy, so being close to other expats and kids are important as are being close to shopping/markets equally also next year we would like our son to attend school. His company will be paying a decent share of rent so just looking for advise/recommendations/condos or areas to live in Singapore that you would recommend?
There are so many choices and places and as I have never been to Singapore I don't even know where to start .
Any advise/help would be greatly appreciated....

daveco23

Re: Moving to Singapore

Post by daveco23 » Thu, 27 Apr 2017 3:11 pm

I live on the east coast by the beach and it's pretty cool. Others prefer Holland area in the city, others like it out west.
It's very hard to tell you where to go, but one thing I didn't do and should have before I moved here, was to visit in advance and scope out the areas that I liked online. Suggest you do this asap. Leave the kids at home, and come out for a week or so with your other half. The insight you'll get doing this will be invaluable.

christinazhang

Post by christinazhang » Sun, 07 May 2017 5:11 pm

d'leedon might be good choose for you;

It's a tiny international community with lots of foreign expat families;

akshay_18

Post by akshay_18 » Mon, 08 May 2017 2:35 pm

Agree with daveco23. East coast by the beach is the area where I have been for 6 months. So, my opinion to you to consider this place, you may visit the other places too but I guess considering baby and all, the suggested places will be good for you!
Singapore - The best and most scenic place I have ever seen.