Singapore Expats Forum

Bringing wife and toddler

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
1D1OT
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun, 23 Apr 2017

Bringing wife and toddler

Postby 1D1OT » Sun, 23 Apr 2017 12:23 am

My partner (not registered/thai) and my son(thai) is going to visit me(singaporean) in the near future and after reading a few post about 'refused entry' I'm starting to get paranoid as its thier first visit to sg.

What are the best ways to not get 'refused entry' and if it does happen would they deny food to the toddler or seperate my wife from my son? Also what could i do if such a thing happen?

Thank you very much. Do move the thread if its the wrong place to ask such things.

User avatar
PNGMK
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5764
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013
Location: Sinkapore

Re: Bringing wife and toddler

Postby PNGMK » Mon, 24 Apr 2017 8:41 am

1D1OT wrote:My partner (not registered/thai) and my son(thai) is going to visit me(singaporean) in the near future and after reading a few post about 'refused entry' I'm starting to get paranoid as its thier first visit to sg.

What are the best ways to not get 'refused entry' and if it does happen would they deny food to the toddler or seperate my wife from my son? Also what could i do if such a thing happen?

Thank you very much. Do move the thread if its the wrong place to ask such things.


They are not inhumane man. If denied entry they will be held in a holding room until turned around on the next flight. Ensure your partner has:

1. A return ticket
2. Confirmed accomodation
3. Evidence of having financial means for the duration of her stay
4. Evidence of her intention to return to Thailand.
IANAL. IANACPA. IANA Teacher.
Arrested? Lawyer Up
International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
School advice? Avoid for profit schools
Tax advice? CPA
Pay me $5k for 100% success filling in PR form!

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: Bringing wife and toddler

Postby ecureilx » Mon, 24 Apr 2017 10:49 pm

1D1OT wrote:My partner (not registered/thai) and my son(thai) is going to visit me(singaporean) in the near future and after reading a few post about 'refused entry' I'm starting to get paranoid as its thier first visit to sg.

What are the best ways to not get 'refused entry' and if it does happen would they deny food to the toddler or seperate my wife from my son? Also what could i do if such a thing happen?

Thank you very much. Do move the thread if its the wrong place to ask such things.

If it's your kid, the kid is eligible for SC

I doubt they gonna refuse entry.

To be safe, you should fly in with them

SaraAbdul
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu, 28 Jan 2016

Re: Bringing wife and toddler

Postby SaraAbdul » Tue, 25 Apr 2017 9:33 am

If it's your kid, the kid is eligible for SC

I doubt they gonna refuse entry.

To be safe, you should fly in with them[/quote]

i dont think so their children is eligeble for sc, OP does not register their union.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: Bringing wife and toddler

Postby ecureilx » Tue, 25 Apr 2017 5:15 pm

SaraAbdul wrote:i dont think so their children is eligeble for sc, OP does not register their union.


He may forego a lot of other benefits, but being the father of the Child, he won't forego.

Oh, and, that means the son is eligible to be a citizen of SG. Did I miss something about "UNION" ? :)

SaraAbdul
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu, 28 Jan 2016

Re: Bringing wife and toddler

Postby SaraAbdul » Wed, 26 Apr 2017 9:46 am

ecureilx wrote:
SaraAbdul wrote:i dont think so their children is eligeble for sc, OP does not register their union.


He may forego a lot of other benefits, but being the father of the Child, he won't forego.

Oh, and, that means the son is eligible to be a citizen of SG. Did I miss something about "UNION" ? :)


ok lah to me marriage or union can be the same thing =D
but this i quote from ICA - Overseas-born child of a Singapore citizen; the parents must be legally married.
I suggest OP to register marriage (see what you did to me?) and to apply or not citizen is up to them. I feel this is the right thing to do


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests