Singapore Expats Forum

The boosted circuit about the voltage changes from 3V to 100-400V

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
memo ming

The boosted circuit about the voltage changes from 3V to 100-400V

Postby memo ming » Mon, 17 Apr 2017 5:24 pm

Good afternoon~ O:)
I would like to see some advice from you.My situation:
Do you have any boosted circuit or project about the voltage changes from 3V to 100-400V ? The current is about 5mA,in addition,there the room is limited so that it’s not the best chose to use transformer.
I’m not familiar in the boost controller cause I am an enthusiast in electronics. I have the MCP1650 in mind and I have already downloaded the libraries from the microchip website. Here I saw that the output voltage capability from 3.3V to over 100V in the MCP1650’s datasheet( http://www.kynix.com/uploadfiles/pdf2286/MCP1650R-E2fMS.pdf ).
The problems is that I don’t know if it’s suitable for me cause my English is not well and I’m not really understand the content clearly.In conclusion,there are two questions in all:
1).Can you help me to have a look and tell me if the MCP1650 is suitable for me?
2).Do you have any boosted circuit or project about the voltage changes from 3V to 100-400V ?
Thank you all.

PNGMK
Governor
Governor

Re: The boosted circuit about the voltage changes from 3V to 100-400V

Postby PNGMK » Mon, 17 Apr 2017 6:39 pm

A cold cathode tube inverter or the circuit from a flash camera (the cheap disposable old film cameras) might work. I realize it uses an inductor or txr. If that won't work then you'll need a pumped supply - I believe there are some IC's that can do this - they essentially rapidly switch a series of caps in different configurations from parallel (to charge) to series (to supply the desired voltage). The problem will be current - most of these IC's are pretty low current from memory.
IANAL. IANACPA. IANA Teacher.
Arrested? Lawyer Up
International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
School advice? Avoid for profit schools
Tax advice? CPA
Pay me $5k for 100% success filling in PR form!

PNGMK
Governor
Governor

Re: The boosted circuit about the voltage changes from 3V to 100-400V

Postby PNGMK » Mon, 17 Apr 2017 6:45 pm

MCP1650R looks nice. Problem will be designing / sourcing the inductor... however the specs say it can do 100V.... not sure about how many mA.
IANAL. IANACPA. IANA Teacher.
Arrested? Lawyer Up
International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
School advice? Avoid for profit schools
Tax advice? CPA
Pay me $5k for 100% success filling in PR form!