Singapore Expats

Documents for second application

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Obelix8

Documents for second application

Post by Obelix8 » Thu, 13 Apr 2017 2:12 am

I have put in my second application (first rejected in mid 2015) with family last week. While all the posts I have gone through here suggested to carry all the docs in checklist, the lady at counter didn't take copy of our degrees or transcripts saying 'these were already collected in the first round so not needed'.
She only took our passport and birth certificates (technically those were also unchanged since last application =P~ ) salary slips and employer letter.

Is this usual (for lesser re submission requirement on round 2) or people here think I was treated differently ? Do I read anything into it ?

Thanks

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: Documents for second application

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 13 Apr 2017 11:34 am

Obelix8 wrote:I have put in my second application (first rejected in mid 2015) with family last week. While all the posts I have gone through here suggested to carry all the docs in checklist, the lady at counter didn't take copy of our degrees or transcripts saying 'these were already collected in the first round so not needed'.
She only took our passport and birth certificates (technically those were also unchanged since last application =P~ ) salary slips and employer letter.

Is this usual (for lesser re submission requirement on round 2) or people here think I was treated differently ? Do I read anything into it ?

Thanks
This is normal. They will not collect the educational certificates again if nothing has changed. This may apply only to education certificates and will not apply to Passport, etc. Do not read too much into why they didn't collect some documents again. They surely know what they want and will ask you if anything more is needed.

Obelix8

Re: Documents for second application

Post by Obelix8 » Thu, 13 Apr 2017 8:30 pm

Cool tx Singaporeflyer. I got a bit worried there, happy to see its quite common.