Singapore Expats Forum

Any recommendation for international mover

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:
The Club Residences

dtdrummer

Any recommendation for international mover

Postby dtdrummer » Mon, 10 Apr 2017 12:46 pm

Dear All,

We are planning to move from Singapore to Melbourne in July, and only 1 king size bed, 2 bookshelves, 1 TV stand, and 10 boxes of books and clothes are shipping.

We are wondering that any recommendation for international Movers.

Many thanks.

summersummer

Re: Any recommendation for international mover

Postby summersummer » Fri, 05 May 2017 3:14 pm

Hi. We are moving from Singapore to Melbourne in July too. Have you decided on international Mover? Maybe we should use the same Mover so that our things can depart around the same time using same container.

Piwacket

Postby Piwacket » Mon, 28 Jan 2019 5:46 pm

I sorely regret hiring Raffles Relocation. This sloppy company made a nightmare of my move from Singapore to Shanghai. When my shipment arrived in Shanghai, I discovered that Raffles Relocation had broken my irreplaceable antique lamp, broken another heirloom table lamp, and broken my expensive teakwood TV console. Although Raffles Relocation specifically promised to pack several of these fragile items inside wooden crates, they neglected to do so, packing them only in flimsy cardboard boxes. Several boxes arrived crushed, dented and only loosely and haphazardly packed. It looked as if they were literally thrown, dropped on the floor, or knocked into walls. Although a few items were insured, Raffles Relocation ignored our emails requesting compensation. And when we tried to phone them, they did not return our calls. We finally had to make a trip to Singapore to go to their accounting company office in-person to get payment of our claim. The insurance payment that we finally received after many weeks of waiting was inadequate to cover the damages, nor could it replace our one-of-a-kind treasures broken by these sloppy Movers. I seldom write reviews, but my experience with Raffles Relocation was so poor, I want to warn other people looking for #SingaporeMovers. Avoid #RafflesRelocation at all costs. Other Movers are more expensive, but I’ve learned the hard way, you get what you pay for. Raffles Relocation was a bad bargain at any price.

DeepBlue80

Postby DeepBlue80 » Tue, 29 Jan 2019 10:30 am

I agree. Raffles Relocation are incompetent, unprofessional, careless, arrogant, etc ...

I can only strongly recommend that they should not be used ... unless you want your belongings damaged/broken and also be blamed for it !!!

I had no choice but to take them to court.