Singapore Expats Forum

Citizenship application submitted - jobless soon

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Bb_jie

Citizenship application submitted - jobless soon

Postby Bb_jie » Fri, 07 Apr 2017 4:10 am

Hello,

Im applying for SG citizenship and next month is my appointment to submit document. Im going to be out of job before my appointment date. Do u all think being out of job at this time will affect my chances of getting a successful outcome?

I have an employment letter with me though.

Profile:
Female. 30 years old. Married to Singaporean spouse. Been in Singapore since age of 6. Born in Malaysia. 9 years of CPF contribution.
Both parents and two sisters are PR.
Mother and two sisters have also applied for citizenship at the same time.

I welcome your comments/thoughts :)

Have a nice day!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Citizenship application submitted - jobless soon

Postby ecureilx » Fri, 07 Apr 2017 9:08 am

Bb_jie wrote:Hello,

Im applying for SG citizenship and next month is my appointment to submit document. Im going to be out of job before my appointment date. Do u all think being out of job at this time will affect my chances of getting a successful outcome?

I have an employment letter with me though.

Profile:
Female. 30 years old. Married to Singaporean spouse. Been in Singapore since age of 6. Born in Malaysia. 9 years of CPF contribution.
Both parents and two sisters are PR.
Mother and two sisters have also applied for citizenship at the same time.

I welcome your comments/thoughts :)

Have a nice day!

Since your spouse is SC it shouldn't matter much. Plus you are the preferred type .. ;)

go ahead. Nothing worse can happen if they reject it, right ?

yuenghole

Re: Citizenship application submitted - jobless soon

Postby yuenghole » Fri, 07 Apr 2017 10:02 am

Hi, all.

I submitted my Singapore Citizenship Applicaiton on 14 Apr 2016 and until today the status is still Pending.

Below are my details:

PR since: 31 Mar 2014
Race: Chinese
Nationality: Malaysian
Income: 50k and above per annum
Marital Status: Single
Have been in SG: 13 years and above, study and work
Education BG: NUS Bachelor Degree
Siblings: Elder sister and bro in law are both Singaporean but we live separately.

Just got a reply from ICA that my application is currently under proccessing and may take up to 6 - 12 months.

Knowing that there are peoples with their application pending period more than 12 months, may I know my chances of getting citizenship since the status of the application already pending for 11 months and going to 12 months.

Thanks a lot for any comments.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Citizenship application submitted - jobless soon

Postby ecureilx » Fri, 07 Apr 2017 10:12 am

yuenghole wrote:Hi, all.

I submitted my Singapore Citizenship Applicaiton on 14 Apr 2016 and until today the status is still Pending.

Below are my details:

Siblings: Elder sister and bro in law are both Singaporean but we live separately.

Just got a reply from ICA that my application is currently under proccessing and may take up to 6 - 12 months.

Knowing that there are peoples with their application pending period more than 12 months, may I know my chances of getting citizenship since the status of the application already pending for 11 months and going to 12 months.

Longest I know took 18 months. So just wait. You can't speed up things ..

singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor

Postby singaporeflyer » Fri, 07 Apr 2017 10:26 am

yuenghole wrote:Hi, all.

Below are my details:

The delay may be because you applied immediately after 2 years of being a PR.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Postby ecureilx » Fri, 07 Apr 2017 10:36 am

singaporeflyer wrote:The delay may be because you applied immediately after 2 years of being a PR.

Malaysian, NUS graduate ... those 'wait for one REP renewal' suggestions don't necessarily apply here ;) from what I have seen personally ....:)

singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor

Postby singaporeflyer » Fri, 07 Apr 2017 2:15 pm

ecureilx wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:The delay may be because you applied immediately after 2 years of being a PR.

Malaysian, NUS graduate ... those 'wait for one REP renewal' suggestions don't necessarily apply here ;) from what I have seen personally ....:)

I agree. What I mean is since it is just 2 years of PR, ICA may be taking a bit longer to find the time to approve :)

yuenghole

Postby yuenghole » Mon, 31 Jul 2017 10:55 pm

Hi, I just got my In-Principle Approval letter on 21 Jul 2017. Would like to know the following:

i) If I finished my SC Journey, how long will it takes for me to receive the Approval Letter from ICA?

ii) With the Approval Letter from ICA, I will have to renounce my Msia Citizenship, how long will it takes for me to receive the letter of renunciation from High Commission of Msia?

iii) After I submit the letter of renunciation to ICA, can I apply to SG passport because I will be going for a business trip at the end of Oct 2017.

Thanks.