Singapore Expats

Home Based Small Scale Business Scheme

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
Resident09

Home Based Small Scale Business Scheme

Post by Resident09 » Sun, 02 Apr 2017 10:52 pm

Hello!

So, I came across this home based small scale business scheme which permits you to conduct small business activities while at home.
I have few questions:
1. I am currently on Long Term Visit Pass. I could not find the visa requirements in the scheme, am I eligible on the basis of visa requirements for the scheme?

2. I read that for HDBs one need not get any approval, how about the condominiums..do we need to get any approval from the management?

3. Do we need to get any approval letter from the MoM?

Thanks in advance!

Strong Eagle
Answers: 10

Re: Home Based Small Scale Business Scheme

Post by Strong Eagle » Mon, 03 Apr 2017 3:52 am

Resident09 wrote:Hello!

So, I came across this home based small scale business scheme which permits you to conduct small business activities while at home.
I have few questions:
1. I am currently on Long Term Visit Pass. I could not find the visa requirements in the scheme, am I eligible on the basis of visa requirements for the scheme?

2. I read that for HDBs one need not get any approval, how about the condominiums..do we need to get any approval from the management?

3. Do we need to get any approval letter from the MoM?

Thanks in advance!
You cannot operate any kind of business, home based or not, without registering your business as either a sole proprietorship (SP) or a private limited Pte Ltd) with the ACRA.

You cannot work for your Singapore registered business until you obtain a work permit. For a SP, this would be a letter of consent (LOC) from MOM. For a Pte Ltd, you would need to apply for an employment pass from MOM. I and others have written extensively on both these topics.

Read through the various threads in the Careers section regarding obtaining a LOC for your own SP. Then get back with more questions.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: Home Based Small Scale Business Scheme

Post by the lynx » Sun, 25 Feb 2018 4:36 pm

@SE

While OP is not the suitable candidate in this discussion, I still think Home-Based Small Scale Business Scheme still does not require registration with ACRA, although the ACRA and HDB does contradict each other in their websites. It is more straight forward if the scheme in question is Home Office Scheme (definitely requiring ACRA registration and permission from HDB).

ACRA info about this: https://www.acra.gov.sg/components/wire ... =1087#1091

Home-Based Small Scale Business Scheme info: http://www.hdb.gov.sg/cs/infoweb/reside ... ess-scheme

Home Office Scheme: http://www.hdb.gov.sg/cs/infoweb/reside ... fce-scheme