Singapore Expats

PR renew concern (really appreciate the help)

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
cjf_171802

PR renew concern (really appreciate the help)

Post by cjf_171802 » Wed, 29 Mar 2017 11:23 pm

hi all,
i got my PR on august 2013, it ia a 5 year PR.
before my PR was granted, i had been posted by my singapore company to work overseas, and remained so until novernmber 2016. hence for the 3 years after i got my pr. i was mostly overseas while my salary and cpf are being paid in singapore as per normal.
however, i now change my job and work for another company. hence from december 2016, i stop to have income and cpf in singapore.
considerring that i have to renew my pr on august 2018, i am not sure what should i do.
should i go back to singapore immediately, and take another job, for the sake of PR? by doing so will i be granted PR renew?
or can i stay in this company until the end of the year 2017, and go back to singapore? if so how much is my chance of renew?
if i go back to singapore before pr expire, and work in singapore continuously after it expires, will i be able to get my new REP after several month?

appreciated if someone can enlighten me!

thanks a million.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: PR renew concern (really appreciate the help)

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 29 Mar 2017 11:52 pm

cjf_171802 wrote:hi all,
before my PR was granted, i had been posted by my singapore company to work overseas, and remained so until novernmber 2016. hence for the 3 years after i got my pr. i was mostly overseas while my salary and cpf are being paid in singapore as per normal.
however, i now change my job and work for another company. hence from december 2016, i stop to have income and cpf in singapore.
considerring that i have to renew my pr on august 2018, i am not sure what should i do.
should i go back to singapore immediately, and take another job, for the sake of PR? by doing so will i be granted PR renew?
or can i stay in this company until the end of the year 2017, and go back to singapore? if so how much is my chance of renew?
if i go back to singapore before pr expire, and work in singapore continuously after it expires, will i be able to get my new REP after several month?

thanks a million.
QFP.

If you aren't in Singapore why do you need your PR ?

High chance your REP may be curtailed, if you get a job here before expiry.

Higher chance of refused if you are not here and renewal after a gap may see you with a shorter REP.

cjf_171802

Re: RE: PR renew concern (really appreciate the help)

Post by cjf_171802 » Thu, 30 Mar 2017 7:18 am

ecureilx wrote:
cjf_171802 wrote:hi all,

thanks a million.
QFP.

If you aren't in Singapore why do you need your PR ?

High chance your REP may be curtailed, if you get a job here before expiry.

Higher chance of refused if you are not here and renewal after a gap may see you with a shorter REP.
i need to renew my PR because my long term plan is still in singapore, for family settlement and etc, regardless of the fact that i have been stuck overseas.
anyway, my original plan is to go back by the end of the year. will i be granted a limited REP? if so it can be further renewed if i stay employed in singapore right?

or,should i go back immediately (next month?), and get employment right away? if so will i get another 5-year PR?

thanks for replying me!

bro75
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Re: PR renew concern (really appreciate the help)

Post by bro75 » Thu, 30 Mar 2017 8:27 am

There is no guarantee of being granted REP extensions if you have been abroad for the past 3 to 5 years. But ICA may grant an extension of 1 year to enable you to re-establish yourself in Singapore. As long as you are in Singapore once your REP expired, you will remain a PR. As for your specific questions, only ICA can answer that because there are no fixed guidelines regarding approval of REP renewal.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 30 Mar 2017 9:53 am

Was your PR under families ties or PTS? If the latter than you're going to lose it.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 30 Mar 2017 2:38 pm

bro75 wrote:There is no guarantee of being granted REP extensions if you have been abroad for the past 3 to 5 years. But ICA may grant an extension of 1 year to enable you to re-establish yourself in Singapore. As long as you are in Singapore once your REP expired, you will remain a PR. As for your specific questions, only ICA can answer that because there are no fixed guidelines regarding approval of REP renewal.
^^^^ +1

cjf_171802

Post by cjf_171802 » Thu, 30 Mar 2017 10:54 pm

PNGMK wrote:Was your PR under families ties or PTS? If the latter than you're going to lose it.
i believe my PR is under PTS, as i dont have family member in spore.
however, i had my secondary school until university in spore. will ICA consider my likelyhood of residing in spore in the long term, and the fact that my employment status is more like a "bad luck"...

anyway. thanks a lot for the help

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: PR renew concern (really appreciate the help)

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 30 Mar 2017 11:02 pm

cjf_171802 wrote: i believe my PR is under PTS, as i dont have family member in spore.
however, i had my secondary school until university in spore. will ICA consider my likelyhood of residing in spore in the long term, and the fact that my employment status is more like a "bad luck"...
no.

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Fri, 31 Mar 2017 9:00 am

cjf_171802 wrote:
PNGMK wrote:Was your PR under families ties or PTS? If the latter than you're going to lose it.

You were ok while employed overseas by a Sing firm and paying CPF etc... now that has stopped you need to get a job back in Singapore

cjf_171802

Post by cjf_171802 » Fri, 31 Mar 2017 2:07 pm

PNGMK wrote:
cjf_171802 wrote:

You were ok while employed overseas by a Sing firm and paying CPF etc... now that has stopped you need to get a job back in Singapore
yes it is my priority now.
i just wonder whether i should quit my job now and get a new job in spore, or could i wait until end of the year?

if i manage to go back to spore before REP renew, i maybe able to get a short REP renew and then extent later.

my current job is quite important for me, so is my PR..such a dilemma

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Fri, 31 Mar 2017 2:30 pm

Only you know the answer.