Singapore Expats Forum
 

Getting Employee Pass

Announcements, promotions, news, help. Ask about registrations, avatars, PM and others. Post all your forum and Singapore Expats site related questions here.
User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9811
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 5:18 pm

Re: RE: Re: Getting Employee Pass

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 19 Apr 2017 7:24 am

wriyatanejaq wrote:For Indians news came the singapore blocks visa is it true?
Yes

brian_singapore
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 368
Joined: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 10:43 pm

Re: Getting Employee Pass

Post by brian_singapore » Wed, 19 Apr 2017 9:17 am

A slightly more nuanced answer is Singapore is subjecting all EPs to more scrutiny and are targeting particular types of applicants from India more. Particularly those emplowed by large Indian IT outsourcing firms as well as those in IT as well. I am sure other industries are also being targeted. However they have not blanket stopped work permit's for any Indian applicants.

They are just giving out a lot less and demanding a lot more justification from the applicants.

wriyatanejaq
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue, 28 Mar 2017 5:51 pm

Re: Getting Employee Pass

Post by wriyatanejaq » Wed, 19 Apr 2017 7:36 pm

brian_singapore wrote:A slightly more nuanced answer is Singapore is subjecting all EPs to more scrutiny and are targeting particular types of applicants from India more. Particularly those emplowed by large Indian IT outsourcing firms as well as those in IT as well. I am sure other industries are also being targeted. However they have not blanket stopped work permit's for any Indian applicants.

They are just giving out a lot less and demanding a lot more justification from the applicants.

So hope is still there that EP will be approved for Indians too ..

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 37826
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 2
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: Getting Employee Pass

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 19 Apr 2017 8:25 pm

In the past 6 months we have seen a few. I'd say about a third more than we've seen in a given time frame since 2011. I'm not saying it over yet, but I feel either they are loosening up a wee bit of a lot of Indians are starting to learn when they are no longer "desirable" due to knowledge or cost (as most are getting more expensive as well). So it could be a combination of both. If you have have a strong enough fortitude for rejection by all means, keep plugging away. Who know's - you might get the magic letter/notice tomorrow.

User avatar
nutnut
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1854
Joined: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 10:20 am
Location: The Mainland....

Re: Getting Employee Pass

Post by nutnut » Mon, 24 Apr 2017 7:51 am

Hey Sms, any experience with returning foreigners who had a pep that lapsed getting an ep1?

Asking for a friend *cough cough*


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nutnut

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9811
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 5:18 pm

Re: Getting Employee Pass

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 24 Apr 2017 8:07 am

nutnut wrote:Hey Sms, any experience with returning foreigners who had a pep that lapsed getting an ep1?

Asking for a friend *cough cough*


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know one fellow who Got his PEP but left after a year on PEP. Came back and is working on EP now.

User avatar
nutnut
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1854
Joined: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 10:20 am
Location: The Mainland....

Re: Getting Employee Pass

Post by nutnut » Mon, 24 Apr 2017 8:08 am

ecureilx wrote:
nutnut wrote:Hey Sms, any experience with returning foreigners who had a pep that lapsed getting an ep1?

Asking for a friend *cough cough*


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know one fellow who Got his PEP but left after a year on PEP. Came back and is working on EP now.
Nice to know! I'll tell my friend.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nutnut

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Announcement, Help & FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests