Singapore Expats

FDW in serious Medical condition

Discuss everything about domestic helper and babysitter issues here
rcmdas2812

FDW in serious Medical condition

Post by rcmdas2812 » Sat, 25 Mar 2017 7:11 am

Hi,

Found our FDW unconscious yesterday evening at home and took her to NUH in ambulance immediately. Looks like she had blood clots in the brain and low RBC count. Expected to be in hospital for an uncertain period of time.

Her insurance cover only about 15k and the the bill we are looking at is about 28K, only for medical expenses. Has anyone in the forum had similar experience (hope not) ? My agents is not the best source of information, so kind thoughts on a reasonable action plan would be highly appreciated.

As of now, we want her to recover (hopefully in the next week or so) and send her back home. We will probably pay her some money for continued medical expenses back home in India, but what else ? She was with us for 2 years and my kids really like her.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: FDW in serious Medical condition

Post by ecureilx » Sat, 25 Mar 2017 9:52 am

rcmdas2812 wrote: Her insurance cover only about 15k and the the bill we are looking at is about 28K, only for medical expenses. Has anyone in the forum had similar experience (hope not) ? My agents is not the best source of information, so kind thoughts on a reasonable action plan would be highly appreciated.

As of now, we want her to recover (hopefully in the next week or so) and send her back home. We will probably pay her some money for continued medical expenses back home in India, but what else ? She was with us for 2 years and my kids really like her.
unless you bought additional comprehensive cover, you need to pay out of your pocket :(

If you had reached KKH, I could have tried to seek some advice.

NUH is no go. However the consultant can advice when she's fit to travel, and release her, if you truly will continue medication back home. If that's your real intention. And I hope so.

I heard of a situation where the consultant wrote Discharged Against Medical Advice when they felt proper care may not be continued.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: FDW in serious Medical condition

Post by PNGMK » Sun, 26 Mar 2017 9:29 am

Ouch. Taxico - what the diff between KK and NUH? Which hospital you recommend for FDW?
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: FDW in serious Medical condition

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 26 Mar 2017 1:06 pm

PNGMK wrote:Ouch. Taxico - what the diff between KK and NUH? Which hospital you recommend for FDW?
KKH, I know some people ;)

NUS is multi discipline, and ambulances will transfer to the nearest multi discipline hospital, and obviously sent to NUH, I guess NUH doesn't lack when it comes to care.