Singapore Expats

Best way to watch IPL in Singapore

Discuss about food, eating places, shopping centres, clubs, pubs, massage, sports, travel & holidays. Share tips on best place to chill, party, relax or travel destinations.
meesant

Best way to watch IPL in Singapore

Post by meesant » Thu, 23 Mar 2017 3:57 pm

Hi All,

As a Non-Resident Indian (NRI), living in Singapore took a lot of getting used to. Cricket is a huge part of India and it is not only a sport but a way of life.

I really want to watch the IPL, but don't want to spend too much money on this.

I've found that Singtel, Starhub and Eleven Sports offer the IPL here.

Eleven Sports (www.elevensports.sg) seems to the the cheapest, at $33.90 for the whole tournament.

The first option I came across was StarHub however, StarHub offers standard starter subscription package includes signing a 24-month contract. Then it is an additional $32.10 per month for the cricket channel bundle. Coupled with the set-top box charges, that is a steep price to pay for just one tournament. I do not watch television at all so the search for a cheaper option continued.

The next choice was Singtel which is relatively cheaper than StarHub (the starter pack is valued at $19.90 per month) but it also offered services on a minimum 12-month contract and the cricket channels were not included in this package deal.

While sharing my unsuccessful hunt for a cheap and efficient way with a coworker I learned about Eleven Sports. It is an internet television service which distributes television content via the internet as opposed to terrestrial satellite television systems. It is similar to popular independent services such as Amazon Video or Netflix.

You need to watch IPL through Eleven Sports is an internet connection either Ethernet or Wi-fi and a device to view the matches on. Furthermore, there was no binding contract like the one offered by StarHub and Singtel that makes me liable to pay for a service all-year round even though I need it only for two months.

Has anyone tried this before?

Any advice before I subscribe?

arunpappan

Re: Best way to watch IPL in Singapore

Post by arunpappan » Thu, 30 Mar 2017 10:25 am

Last edited by arunpappan on Wed, 05 Apr 2017 4:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mohitlalvani

Post by mohitlalvani » Tue, 04 Apr 2017 5:34 pm

Dear Arun,

I head the commercial for Eleven Sports and we own the IPL rights for streaming platforms in Singapore. It is indeed sad that you would prescribe an illegal stream in clear violation of intellectual property laws and with complete disregard for channels like us who pay money for these rights.

To those who are reading this, I earnestly request you to ignore Arun’s post. Eleven offers all the matches on www.elevensports.sg in full HD quality, free of ads at a low cost for the entire 7 week season. And, this is legal! No long term contracts and for those who want to follow specific teams, we even offer a daily pass. Surely, almost everyone would agree that it is better and safer to use this than an illegal stream!

Mohit Lalvani

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Best way to watch IPL in Singapore

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 04 Apr 2017 7:36 pm

mohitlalvani wrote:Dear Arun,

I head the commercial for Eleven Sports and we own the IPL rights for streaming platforms in Singapore. It is indeed sad that you would prescribe an illegal stream in clear violation of intellectual property laws and with complete disregard for channels like us who pay money for these rights.

To those who are reading this, I earnestly request you to ignore Arun’s post. Eleven offers all the matches on http://www.elevensports.sg in full HD quality, free of ads at a low cost for the entire 7 week season. And, this is legal! No long term contracts and for those who want to follow specific teams, we even offer a daily pass. Surely, almost everyone would agree that it is better and safer to use this than an illegal stream!

Mohit Lalvani
Interesting ... that the head of commercial personally pens such posts ....

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 04 Apr 2017 9:25 pm

What do you reckon, squirrel? Whack 'em both? :lol:

At least they are posting from two different local ISPs. =D>
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Best way to watch IPL in Singapore

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 04 Apr 2017 10:03 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:What do you reckon, squirrel? Whack 'em both? Image

At least they are posting from two different local ISPs. =D>
Some folks both are :D