Singapore Expats Forum

How to get rid of a barking dog (next door at a church)

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

PNGMK
Director
Director
Posts: 4938
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013

How to get rid of a barking dog (next door at a church)

Postby PNGMK » Mon, 13 Mar 2017 9:10 pm

It's caged up 24 hours a day. A pitiful mongrel at St Michael's Church.

We have;

1. informed AVA
2. written to the church (who claimed the dog was injured - for over five year it has been barking though).

Will SPCA do anything? that might be my next call - either that or a coolant laced hotdog.
I have gay, black, Asian friends and then JR8.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9661
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: RE: How to get rid of a barking dog (next door at a church)

Postby ecureilx » Mon, 13 Mar 2017 9:49 pm

PNGMK wrote:It's caged up 24 hours a day. A pitiful mongrel at St Michael's Church.

We have;

1. informed AVA
2. written to the church (who claimed the dog was injured - for over five year it has been barking though).

Will SPCA do anything? that might be my next call - either that or a coolant laced hotdog.


talk to the church father again ?

PNGMK
Director
Director
Posts: 4938
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013

Re: RE: How to get rid of a barking dog (next door at a church)

Postby PNGMK » Mon, 13 Mar 2017 10:02 pm

ecureilx wrote:
PNGMK wrote:It's caged up 24 hours a day. A pitiful mongrel at St Michael's Church.

We have;

1. informed AVA
2. written to the church (who claimed the dog was injured - for over five year it has been barking though).

Will SPCA do anything? that might be my next call - either that or a coolant laced hotdog.


talk to the church father again ?


Just did. He's a sneaky bugger and doesn't put his phone number in the public domain so I had to email him.

Fr. Tan.

I live next door to your church. You keep a dog on your premises. This dog has often barked but recently has begun to bark incessantly at night and early in the morning. Please do something about it. As Christ said; 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself." Perhaps you could show us some neighbourly love by getting rid of the dog.
I have gay, black, Asian friends and then JR8.

PNGMK
Director
Director
Posts: 4938
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013

Re: How to get rid of a barking dog (next door at a church)

Postby PNGMK » Wed, 15 Mar 2017 8:36 am

Any posters here know some good dog verses, scriptures or poems I can quote this priest in my next letter?
I have gay, black, Asian friends and then JR8.

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9285
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Re: How to get rid of a barking dog (next door at a church)

Postby x9200 » Wed, 15 Mar 2017 8:45 am

PNGMK wrote:Any posters here know some good dog verses, scriptures or poems I can quote this priest in my next letter?

Public Order and Nuisance Act (CHAPTER 184), p14.

User avatar
Max Headroom
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 600
Joined: Wed, 08 May 2013
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: How to get rid of a barking dog (next door at a church)

Postby Max Headroom » Wed, 15 Mar 2017 8:59 am

I reckon you're "barking" up the wrong tree, PMGMK. Call the SPCA. Seems to me that keeping a dog caged round-the-clock constitutes animal cruelty. A quick visit by SPCA to the church should improve matters in a hurry.

PNGMK
Director
Director
Posts: 4938
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013

Re: How to get rid of a barking dog (next door at a church)

Postby PNGMK » Wed, 15 Mar 2017 10:34 am

Max Headroom wrote:I reckon you're "barking" up the wrong tree, PMGMK. Call the SPCA. Seems to me that keeping a dog caged round-the-clock constitutes animal cruelty. A quick visit by SPCA to the church should improve matters in a hurry.


Done.
I have gay, black, Asian friends and then JR8.

PNGMK
Director
Director
Posts: 4938
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013

Re: How to get rid of a barking dog (next door at a church)

Postby PNGMK » Wed, 15 Mar 2017 10:39 am

x9200 wrote:
PNGMK wrote:Any posters here know some good dog verses, scriptures or poems I can quote this priest in my next letter?

Public Order and Nuisance Act (CHAPTER 184), p14.


This?

Excessive noise
14.—(1) Any person who makes any noise by any instrument or
other means in such a manner as to cause or be likely to cause
annoyance or inconvenience to the occupier of any premises in the
vicinity or to any person lawfully using any public road or in any
public place shall be guilty of an offence and s
I have gay, black, Asian friends and then JR8.

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9285
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Re: How to get rid of a barking dog (next door at a church)

Postby x9200 » Wed, 15 Mar 2017 11:46 am

Yep. Perhaps within the preceding paragraphs there could also be something suitable.
I doubt the police is going to be enthusiastic about their deployment but maybe the dear father will start to feel a bit some pressure.

User avatar
rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2801
Joined: Sat, 24 Nov 2012
Location: Singapore

Re: How to get rid of a barking dog (next door at a church)

Postby rajagainstthemachine » Wed, 15 Mar 2017 6:25 pm

typical bitch thread from PNGMK. :lol:
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

PNGMK
Director
Director
Posts: 4938
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013

Re: How to get rid of a barking dog (next door at a church)

Postby PNGMK » Thu, 16 Mar 2017 8:37 am

rajagainstthemachine wrote:typical bitch thread from PNGMK. :lol:



Uh huh. I'll record the yapping mutt and play it back when you're trying to get sweet with Miss Ukraine... see how you feel then.

I've told the Fr Peter Tan I'm reporting him to SPCA and that 'may' have done the trick.
I have gay, black, Asian friends and then JR8.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest