Singapore Expats Forum

Regarding medical exam for TB

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

Stallion
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon, 13 Mar 2017

Regarding medical exam for TB

Postby Stallion » Mon, 13 Mar 2017 3:03 am

Hi all. I will be relocating to Singapore within a week and have received the in principal approval. However, I am a bit concerned about the medical exam. I was diagnosed with TB around 5-6 months back. While I have completely recovered and am not carrying any infection, the chest X- ray will reveal certain scarring on my lungs. Considering how recent the whole thing was, is there a chance that this will be an issue? Just to repeat, I have completely recovered from the disease. Would really appreciate any inputs or advice.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9794
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: RE: Regarding medical exam for TB

Postby ecureilx » Mon, 13 Mar 2017 8:58 am

Stallion wrote:Hi all. I will be relocating to Singapore within a week and have received the in principal approval. However, I am a bit concerned about the medical exam. I was diagnosed with TB around 5-6 months back. While I have completely recovered and am not carrying any infection, the chest X- ray will reveal certain scarring on my lungs. Considering how recent the whole thing was, is there a chance that this will be an issue? Just to repeat, I have completely recovered from the disease. Would really appreciate any inputs or advice.

If you have medical reports explaining the above, it should not be an issue.

This was explained before.

Do search for the past posts here.

Which country are you from ?

Stallion
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon, 13 Mar 2017

Re: Regarding medical exam for TB

Postby Stallion » Mon, 13 Mar 2017 12:00 pm

I am from India, which unfortunately doesn't have the best reputation on this front. My concern mainly stems from the fact that my diagnosis was quite recent.

mavmahesh
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun, 04 Jun 2017

Re: Regarding medical exam for TB

Postby mavmahesh » Mon, 05 Jun 2017 3:16 pm

Hi Stallion,

Please let me know if you were able to pass the medical exam, despite the scars in chest x-ray.
I am facing the similar situation. I would like to hear from you,about your case.

Regards

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9794
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: Regarding medical exam for TB

Postby ecureilx » Mon, 05 Jun 2017 5:05 pm

mavmahesh wrote:Hi Stallion,

Please let me know if you were able to pass the medical exam, despite the scars in chest x-ray.
I am facing the similar situation. I would like to hear from you,about your case.

Regards


you can read here ?? :)

viewtopic.php?t=102527

mavmahesh
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun, 04 Jun 2017

Re: Regarding medical exam for TB

Postby mavmahesh » Mon, 05 Jun 2017 5:32 pm

Hi Ecureilx,

Thanks for pointing out. I read that post, but I couldnt see any reply from Stallion if the medical test was successfully passed. Is there any reply regarding that? Please highlight

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9794
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: Regarding medical exam for TB

Postby ecureilx » Mon, 05 Jun 2017 9:49 pm

mavmahesh wrote:Hi Ecureilx,

Thanks for pointing out. I read that post, but I couldnt see any reply from Stallion if the medical test was successfully passed. Is there any reply regarding that? Please highlight

I too can't find a reply ... shall we look ? ;)

no offence but I doubt stallion will reply.

So stick with the rest of the advice.

And remember this, for situation like TB, Hep, it is case by case.

Just because A was approved don't mean B will. And quoting A's approval as reason for Your approval won't fly.

Oh, by the way. There has been some pretty bad TB scares very recently. The govt wasn't happy at all.

mavmahesh
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun, 04 Jun 2017

Re: Regarding medical exam for TB

Postby mavmahesh » Tue, 06 Jun 2017 1:20 pm

Hi Ecureilx,

Thanks for the response.

Fingers crossed and I pray there shouldn't be any problem.

Regards,


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Careers & Jobs in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests