Singapore Expats

waiting for PR application for newborn - short term visit pass extension declined

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Re: waiting for PR application for newborn - short term visit pass extension declined

Post by Barnsley » Wed, 20 Feb 2019 4:46 pm

American wrote:
Hi All - my LO (little one) is still awaiting the PR. The LO was born in Singapore to 2 married (legit.), SPR parents (who both got PR as a family the prior year). The child already has an LTVP. We submitted the child's PR application online successfully, ~1+ months after birth. It is now 7+ months and status still pending. We made an inquiry to immigration, and they told us the application is still being processed.

Has anyone had any experience with their newborn child's PR taking longer than 6 months to be approved? Is there a possibility for the PR to be rejected even when the entire family is already PR?
My colleague has friends where mother and father are PR , and they cannot get PR for their son, he is now 6 years old and the cost of going to school is getting up there.

They are from Philippines so I dont know is this makes any difference.
Life is short, paddle harder!!