Singapore Expats

Need help. Ltvp/pr for foreign wife

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
kelvin4848

Need help. Ltvp/pr for foreign wife

Post by kelvin4848 » Wed, 08 Mar 2017 1:54 am

I really hope all shifus and elders here can shed some light about our chances here and or give me some advice.
About me:
- Singapore citizen male (served ns like a good boy)
- chinese
- 30yrs
- working in security sector
- no criminal records

About my wife:
- malaysian chinese
- 31 yrs
- had been working in sg for 6 yrs
- no criminal records
- was previously a work permit holder
- currently not working as she is 7 mths pregnant to date.

Summary of what happened :
- june 2016 - applied and got approval from mom to get married. She was still working then.
- sept 2016 - found out she was 2 months pregnant n decided to speed our wedding date up. She stopped working on end of Oct.
- dec 2nd 2016 - we officially got married n I booked a pr application application for her on may 15 2017
- dec 6th 2016 - applied ltvp for her under my sponsorship. Stated in the application she was pregnant. Did not go through the PMLA.
Yesterday - ltvp status is still 'recieving attention'. Had went to ica twice to extend her SVP. will have to go and reextend tomorrow.

My concerns are
- My daughter will be due on 30th May 2017. Will she be eligible for SC when she is born? We planned to deliver her in kk hospital.
- what are the chances of approval for my wife's ltvp or pr? I don't care which one is approved first.
Without a residential status we are unable to purchase our own flat. We are now currently staying with my parents. Thanks all in advance for your opinions

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Need help. Ltvp/pr for foreign wife

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 08 Mar 2017 9:37 am

kelvin4848 wrote:I really hope all shifus and elders here can shed some light about our chances here and or give me some advice.
About me:
- Singapore citizen male (served ns like a good boy)
- chinese
- 30yrs
- working in security sector
- no criminal records

About my wife:
- malaysian chinese
- 31 yrs
- had been working in sg for 6 yrs
- no criminal records
- was previously a work permit holder
- currently not working as she is 7 mths pregnant to date.

Summary of what happened :
- june 2016 - applied and got approval from mom to get married. She was still working then.
- sept 2016 - found out she was 2 months pregnant n decided to speed our wedding date up. She stopped working on end of Oct.
- dec 2nd 2016 - we officially got married n I booked a pr application application for her on may 15 2017
- dec 6th 2016 - applied ltvp for her under my sponsorship. Stated in the application she was pregnant. Did not go through the PMLA.
Yesterday - ltvp status is still 'recieving attention'. Had went to ica twice to extend her SVP. will have to go and reextend tomorrow.

My concerns are
- My daughter will be due on 30th May 2017. Will she be eligible for SC when she is born? We planned to deliver her in kk hospital.
- what are the chances of approval for my wife's ltvp or pr? I don't care which one is approved first.
Without a residential status we are unable to purchase our own flat. We are now currently staying with my parents. Thanks all in advance for your opinions
viewtopic.php?t=115597