Singapore Expats

Hygienic manicure/pedicure recommendations

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
taniato

Hygienic manicure/pedicure recommendations

Post by taniato » Tue, 07 Mar 2017 1:50 pm

Hi all,

I am looking for a hygienic place to get my mani pedi done in Singapore, where they actually disinfect the tools and run them through the disinfecting machine (I forget what it is called).

Thanks so much!

Tania

Singal1

Re: Hygienic manicure/pedicure recommendations

Post by Singal1 » Wed, 08 Mar 2017 9:39 pm

Hi,

I recommend Juup nails in the marina bay link mall. They're really good & they disinfect their instruments. Some of my friends have recommended Snails in orchard to me. I've not been but their nails look great & it's clean. It is a bit more expensive. Hope that helps!

yukiko84

Post by yukiko84 » Sat, 22 Apr 2017 5:12 pm

Hello. I go to BRANCHE in Capitol Piazza. I think the nail artist has very good techniques and familiar with latest trends. They have a private room, so it's more relaxing than usual salons.

-Y

Podiatrycaresg

Post by Podiatrycaresg » Tue, 25 Jul 2017 11:10 pm

Hi Guys, I would suggest only receiving treatment by qualified people using instruments that have been sterilised in an autoclave and not shared between customers. Any other methods of sterilisation will not be effective in killing off all bacteria/fungi. Also, any places that utilise basins at the base of the chairs pose further health threats as they may not be effectively sterilised between clients. The water may be changed yet the surfaces cannot be appropriately disinfected with the use of sprays, wipes and such. Just my two cents' worth! ;)

chmimipink

Post by chmimipink » Wed, 20 Mar 2019 9:21 am

Actually you can politely request them to sterlise the instruments. For myself, I go Beyoutiful at Tanjong Pagar. Good techniques and has good nails design - https://beyoutiful.com.sg/manicure-pedicure/ Hope this helps.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 08 Feb 2021 11:07 am

I get my nails done at the Nailist City in 313 Somerset. The staff are so friendly and personable, and I’ve never been dissatisfied with the designs I’ve received. Hygiene standards are very high as well, they sterilize the tools right in front of you.

YangMi

Post by YangMi » Mon, 13 Sep 2021 2:33 pm

I visited NailCraft (www.nailcraft.sg) for classic manicure and eyelash extensions regularly. Had great experience so far with fantastic job done. The tools are disinfected using UV sterilizer.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 16 Sep 2021 11:42 pm

YangMi wrote:
Mon, 13 Sep 2021 2:33 pm
I visited NailCraft (www.nailcraft.sg) for classic manicure and eyelash extensions regularly. Had great experience so far with fantastic job done. The tools are disinfected using UV sterilizer.
Wow, prices seem incredibly reasonable. I’ll keep this place in mind for future appointments.

BBCDoc
Chatter
Chatter

Post by BBCDoc » Sun, 21 Nov 2021 12:43 pm

Hi All,

Just to make you all feel nice and warm inside, Mongolia’s Hepatitis C epidemic was largely fuelled by unhygienic manicure/pedicure services…

Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's always room for one more

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Fri, 26 Nov 2021 1:26 am

Ew… wish I hadn’t read that. But doesn’t worry me, I always get my nails done at the same place, been going for ages with no issue.